Mouth Tonight

Dasa05

good luck dassa......mee andd a mate spent last night on the river.....12 hours of livebaiting and we had 2 half hearted runs the whole time!!! moved spots about a dozen times as well.....by far the worst outing ivv had on the river! interested to see how you fair.....again goodluck!!!

What a craker of a Night :woohoo: it started at 6...Picked up my mate and we were off to port for what I thought might have been a good night

The tides were good the moon and the Wind:cheer: Put in at Fisho's @ 7 and set off to the poo shoot for a spot of plastic flicking cast netting.

Flicked some plastics for a little while to no avail Some land base guy'd showed up at the wall so it was time to move on to cast netting. Good solid 30 mins of throwing the net saw us with 8 5" Herring couple of other speices hardies n the sort we thought well lets go settle in to spot before the tide change

Found a good spot the sounded well and thru the Anchor baited up and sank them to the bottom.....wait:whistle:

45mins in Josh is on the phone and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz small fumble and a hang up we strike and lose i said thats a thready :woohoo: re baited and set out again I said no more bloddy phone you never caught a thready and tonight you will B)

With that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Strike and it on after what seem to be ages and masive runs there was the golden joy next to the boat . A :woohoo: and we mrag it 1010mm he craked his cherry on a 1m thready awsome.

post-2582-144598548586_thumb.jpg

post-2582-144598548607_thumb.jpg

Another 10 mins pass and My Mojiko Overhead goes screeming off Bang solid hook up and the fight began :P anthor thready this time going alittle smaller atr the 950mm still a great catch.

post-2582-144598548668_thumb.jpg

All quiet then for bout 30 mins and you guessed it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Josh is off again callin this one bigger than the first 10 min fight its in the net B) 1025mm so he was right :lol: Another fine specimen.

All in all pulled up stumps a 2am after the tide started moving, and the wind had got poor we headed for Home with our great score...:laugh:

Sorry for the long tale but it was just a real craker of a night Photo's coming Just need to upload some on My phone and others on Joshies.

Cheers

Dasa

Hi Ozskippy

Mate it's really about looking at the bottom and seeing what action is there I only have a Fish easy cheap sounder but it does the job Basically i look for the drop off and the bigger fish under the drop then anchor up and determen which way the boat will hang depending on wind tide and try to get the boat 3 meters up off that drop so near the mouth sit in about 10 to 13 m of water at low get good bait ie Herring and wait...:whistle: ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you have a good thready if your lucky

Have fun with it but don't go out thinking that you will get them cos it never works;) cheers Dasa

Archived