Fishing Locations

Terry H

We would like to build up a Fishing Location section with everyones favourite/best fishing spots (Those that you don't mind giving up! :laugh:)

So, if anyone would like to get their location added, please submit an article in the format below, or email me at: terryph@optusnet.com.au with as much info about the spot as possible. I'd like it if the following is included (if possible)

What Spot

Location Name:

Who Submitted it:

Where to find this spot:

General notes about spots

What type of waterway? (Lagoon, creek, tidal?)

What type of water? (Fresh/Salt)

Lighting at night?

Hazards? Rocky banks? etc

Fishing Information

Possible Catches (Fish Species):

Best Baits to use:

Snags/Underwater Structure & Location of them:

Casting spots

Bait Fish:

Location at the fishing spot:

Possible Snags:

Photos (so we know that we're at the right spot!)

A link to it on Google Maps

Of course, if there's any more info you can think of that you'd like to include, please feel free.

Once I get a standard layout designed, I'll be able to start adding locations.

Cheers,

Terry H.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/07/17 10:06

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/07/17 11:41

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/07/18 16:26

MMMM terry sounds to me like ur having trouble getting some fish. just kidding. MMM will this sorta info be accessable to everyone or just members? cause ive got a few spots but i dont want the whole world seeing them if u know what i mean. Cause good spots are hard to come by.

DAVE

i have an awesome spot... 100% only accessable by boat... unless you want to run through the brisbane airport and get shot at because you may be a \"terrorist\" so i guess its only 99.9% accessable via boat :P

perfect when using soft plastics... if anyone wants details and you have a boat just give a ride and you'll see how untouched this place is!

troy

well at this stage (as far as I know, could be wrong) it will be viewable to everyone, but consider this dave: registration to the site is quick, and free. So what's the difference between members and viewers?

Obviously if you have a top notch spot that you don't want to share to the world, don't submit an article or email me about it. But if you have spots that you don't mind sharing, we'd love for you to share them:)

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/07/18 00:29

Terry, i dont want to steer to off topic but, if a random pops ontop the site and sees \"LOCATIONS\" they are guna have a peep and probs never come abck on. Atleast if people go to the effort of joining the site theres a good chance there guna stay for the long run. Not just to get a few locations.

DAVE

i think most of the site should be closed to viewers/guests... or have only half of the forum and all other tabs available and ending with... \"To read more become a registered member of www.brisbaneriverclassic.com\".... sounds like a plan... good thinking troy...

troy

I have started implementing site restrictions to the public, so now only members will benefit from member's contributions to the forum, fishing locations, hints and tips, recipes, links etc

You are also reminded to start sending in your fishing location reports, that you are willing to share with other members. This way we can build up a great source of information for where to fish in the river.

Also i encourage everyone to contribute to the site to help make this site a useful reference for fishing in brisbane. All contributions are much appreciated and acknowledged to the author. You will find in your User Menu on the left, options to submit - (hints, tips, news, links, recipes, etc etc) or if not there are options in the different sections.

Archived