Tweed River AJ and Flatties

PlasticFantastic

Had an RDO yesterday and had planned to work it for a bit of extra cash but the alarm went off at 4am and the will to go to work had left me in my sleep so I killed the alarm and had a sleep in. After a few morning activities sorted thought I would head down the Tweed River to see what was happening in the arvo. Headed to the mouth to be greeted by a howling gale and even with a 20gm slug on 8lb I had no control over the line so I canned that idea and headed for some shelter up river. Tried the Boyds Bay Bridge after scoring a small GT there last week but no luck this time so headed to the bridge that goes over the creek that runs out of Cobaki Lake (not sure if thats the correct name) tried a few things and ended up landing about 5 Flathead the biggest probably going about the mid 50's, wish I had the eski as it would've made a nice feed. Anyhows headed back to the mouth to try some poppers as the sun went down but again the wind was to strong so I ended up flicking plastics near the jetty at the mouth of Jack Evens Harbour. First cast was the best and came up tight with the fish going straight towards anything it could to try and bust me off. Initial thoughts were a nice GT but up comes a small AJ of about 50cm. Glad I was using slightly heavier gear as the 2-4kg style setup with a light leader there would've been over before you know what happened. So all in all a good day out and better than working.

One question i've fished the Tweed for a quite a few number of years now and never caught an AJ. Now out of 4 trips I think i've caught 3 AJ's all near the mouth though and on plastics. Has anyone else caught them or they always there?

post-5191-144598550905_thumb.jpg

post-5191-144598550917_thumb.jpg

post-5191-144598550927_thumb.jpg

Cheers

PlasticFantastic

Thanks for fixing up the pics Angus, for future pics how do I get them to show up how they are now?

Cheers

Mate its easy to miss it and easy to fix :)

When you upload them a little box comes up saying "Insert" where originally it said "upload" or whatever.

You just need to click this. You can distribute your photo's through the thread but moving the curser there and clicking insert.

Should be a great tool for ROTM :)

Angus

Archived