What shop to buy from?

TheLazyboy

Thanks for recommending us Dan. And thanks to all the other AFO members that have befriended our store on facebook, or sent us well wishes via email. We are a new store to the online tackle scene, but we have a great range of launch brands that we will be expanding over the next few months. At the moment it's not as large as the other online stores, which may or may not suit you Lazyboy depending on what gear your looking for. But please visit our store to see if there is anything there that you like. If you have any questions about anything then don't hesitate to contact us via the contact information on the website.

Good luck mate, wherever you choose to shop i hope you bag a bargain.

Hey lachlan, I buy stuff online from the various stores mentioned above. However, sometimes its great going into a store like the tackle warehouse or jones's tackle and having a good old chat to the guys that work there. Its handy to get a few opinions on something (just like on these forums) and it helps out local business as well. I can't say a bad word about anyone who works at the tackle warehouse, they all know there stuff, and they've helped me out plenty of times.

Out your way is Charltons.

I've never been there but a lot of members from the western suburbs/Ipswich area have a lot of good things to say about them.

If you're just getting into it, I think you'll get more benefit from a physical store and the immediate answers you get from them.

If you know what you want then an online is great and usually cheaper and has better opening hours ;) .

Dont under estimate the For Sale sections on sites like this.

Obviously some stuff is old and well used.

But with the general nature of serious anglers to upgrade gear when they can, loads of high end seconds end up for sale in the forums. I myself have picked up my present Twin Powers 1000 and 2500 reels second hand for fractions of the price of 1 first hand reel.

Knowing the members in the forum helps as well as when I vought these 2 reels I knew the previous owners would have kept this equipment is top nick.

Angus

good online stores that i know the owners of and know they are good guys are

www.motackle.com.au

www.fishin.com.au

www.mylureshop.com

www.saiko.com.au

and tacklewarehouse also have an online section at www.tacklewarehouse.com.au and if its not on their site, it may still be in store so give them a call and they may have an internet price versus store price.

Archived