Newby alert!!! I'm looking for your sweet spot!!!!

Fitzpatrick

Hey everybody.

First up, great site. A set up like this is only as good as its members so well done to you all, I hope I can be of help in the future.

I'm newish to brissie and just getting back into fly fishing, I've been reading reports on north pine which looks enticing, but its the upper reaches of the brissie river which really gets my mouth watering:cheer:

A recent trip just outside fernvale proved fruitless but I'm not easily put off, Sooooooo if anybody has any tips or "spots" they'd like to share I'd be much obliged:woohoo. Also favoured flys/lures ect.

So in short, I'm the new guy looking for all your hints tips secrets and secret spots ha ha :woohoo:

Feel free to pm me too

Look forward to reading through the dozens of replys,

Cheers

Fitzer.

welcome to the site. depending on what side of town you are, the greater Brisbane area has a variety of opportunities from salt to fresh.

you could easily start in the brissie river from salt to fresh, all the way up to fernvale, like you said.

this will, over time bring you some surprising results.

and for my secret spots, The Brisbane river.

cheers

Hey fitzer welcome to the site mate although I can't help on the fly side of thing's and don't feel to bad about catching nothing up at fernvale we did it 2 days in a row for a big fat donut both days and out of the canoe today and bank yesterday.Some of the spots up the river from fernvale go up wivenhoe pocket road to the upper reach to the dam wall if you can get your hands on a kayak or canoe it will help getting to the hard to fish place's.Place's to try down furthur are kolo,collage's crossing but give google maps a go that will help a lot.good luck

cheers dassa

Archived