Quick yak session, Brissy fresh, 23.11.10

Ash

Manage to get an hour in yesteraday arvo on the yak. Got there just before six and loaded up.

First thing i noticed on the way up stream is how different it looks now after all the over flow and rain! Old snags gone, heaps of new ones.

Trolled up a ways with nothing paying me attention, then started to pepper an area that had washed down the embanment and a few trees. After a couple of casts I got a hit and after a brief struggle landed a baby bass, i'd say just under 20cm.

Nothing for a while, hitting snags and a few other spots. There was a bit of movement along the bank where there was some over hang, so again threw the Yowie in there. Nothing for a bit, so last cast be heading off, got a hit , then hooked up a smaller bass.

in the end a nice little session, great to be out there.

One funny thing through out the session was I think i was being stalked by a lungie, who appeared to enjoy coming up beside the yak every now and then, and scaring the crap out of me everytime as it sucked in the air!

No pics this time guys sorry, my iphone recently met with the road and about 40 car tires. My temp phones camera isnt worth using.

In a few weeks im hoping to have a day up there, going further upstream then i usually do. So if anyones keen at the time, let me know. I post up when im looking at going.

Archived