mt crosby weir.

TheLazyboy

Had a nice little 3 hour fishing session at mount Crosby weir with doss. It was our first time there and i believe we made the mistake of fishing on the wrong side. After 30 minutes of struggling through the thick bush we found a idea spot where the was trees over hanging on both sides. we were luring for about 1 hour then we decided to got to dead bait. I throw a float on mine and within 5 seconds i hooked onto a blue catfish. i pulled her up and she was 34 and then the next cast i pulled up a 43 cm catfish. Doss caught two spangled peach about 10 to 15 cm. Sorry no photos, camera battery ran out. When i go home i felt a bit itchy and i had a tick put on my balls:blush: . so be careful when u take a piss in the bush:laugh: . Over all it was a great way to spend a Sunday avo.

Lol good report mate

I was out there today as well. Only caught 1 Bass of 20cm and got smashed by a freight train of a Bass. I stood no chance as soon as the lure hit the water it was taken, line peeled then it let go. I assumed it wasn't a good hookup until I reeled in slack line, and my new lure was never to be seen again

Saw Dan25 there, had a quick chat. Good to meet you mate :)

Yeah nice to meet ya bravoboy. We didn't get any bass. Lost something big in some timber second cast of the day but that was it. Ended up resorting to prawns that my mate brought along. Had a bit of fun with the catties. Made a little vid

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qtWlCP7w3k

hey all went for a quick fish here this arvo. i was lucky enough to be smashed by a fat 50 cm bass and i managed to land it. While i was there, there was some other people fishing there and they came over to spectate as i was reeling it in. they really liked the look and size of it and they even tried to steal it off me!! luckily enough i manged to get her back in the water without being harmed by these cruel people :evil: . I got a mouth ful of abuse as well!

as katfish has stated before this place is getting ruined very quickly so lets all take good care of the land, water and fish.

thanks guys

Archived