Sunday forbie trip turned nasty!!

kriso

so this is how it all began - The lead up.

A couple of mates bought some fourbies pretty cheap - $2000 a piece, one brought a young fellas 87 2.4 ltr diesel hi-lux with suspesion and body lift. the other picked up a 87 model 75 series cruiser ute in awesome running order just a little shabby rust wise in the roof ( easy fix the turret comes off in 4 bolts - but the original owner didnt know that so 5k became 2k ). So with the cruiser fixed in 5 mins and $500 bucks, we started the floor on the lux yesterday..Now dero my mate has being sticking it to wingnut ( another mate also shortened to winga) because he found a luxy 2k cheaper then winga's and it was going to be ready for action in a day. so as my other mate and me make up some new floor plates and weld them in dero is txting winga and giving it to him because where going for fourby tomorrow while winga is in sydney with his mrs playing the romantic card :sick: . So 5pm yesterday both cars finished and preped ready for action. Plans where made to head to bribie for a run on the sand and back early before the sunday arvo traffic - dero informs us that he going to a 30th and may get a bit loose and feel abit average on sunday, we tell him to take it easy so we can hit the sand .

Sunday comes and i get a call after i finished mowing around 9:30, was my mate reece letting me know that were going to go a for a fourby somewhere close by as dero is a little under the weather, so we meet at my mates workshop @ rocklea and wait for dero to come, dero pulls up saying he doesnt want to go as he feels like crap and we start the name calling etc and he agree's to come out for a hour before he goes back. we settle for this and decide to head for johnson road at forrest dale. so quik photo taken of dero in his new beast before we head off,

post-1088-14459855238_thumb.jpg

We get to the entrance and see a sign saying on 4x4's or dirtbikes as it's council land - quick decision was made that we paid rates and headed in to join everyone else in there having fun. after the rain quite alot or mudd and mudd / water pools where crossed as we headed to the motor way section, everyones laughing having fun in the new rigs we get to the motorway where there is a bit of a drop off with a decent rutt on the right hand side and a corner on the bottom. first dom another mate heads down, all good , then the cruiser - piece of piss, we get out of the car waiting for dero to come down through the mud pitt at the bottom and i have the camera ready when this chick comes out of no where from the highway above and shouts IS YOUR FRIEND OKAY? i shout back yeah hes coming down! she replys i dont think so hes upside down!!! and i turn around dero is on the phone to reece letting him know about his little mishap around the corner but is unharmed, so we head up another track to cut back around and came across this

post-1088-144598552396_thumb.jpg

post-1088-144598552406_thumb.jpg

post-1088-144598552417_thumb.jpg

dero's a little unhappy about his new toy but its all good, just got to get it back onto its wheels, with a quick discovery of no one owning a snatchy a plan was hatched that dom and reece would head back to browns plains to get a strap while i waited with dero in doms ute , we sat and waited when we get a phone call 10 mins later informing us that the police are on their way in on dirt bikes and coming for a chat, no biggie werent drunk , call was rego'd etc, so the boys pull up and after a quick chat and a couple laughs their off again, then i get another call from reece, they ran into the BCC ranger and they aint happy were in there and issue reece with a $50 infingement notice, no biggie we read the sign as we went in and decided to run the gauntlet, we got caught bad luck , reece tells the ranger whats happened and what the plan is when she says no your not permitted to go in i will locate them and recover the vehicle , so where waiting for the ranger to come when i see her and we watch her drive straight into a wash out a park the car on its cross member and gets it stuck like 200 metres from us, so we decide to help them so they might be a bit gentle with deros truck when we go to flip it, so introductions where made and a quick snap taken and the car is winched out, while setting up the pulley system to winch the car onto its wheels with out dragging it another car pulls up to help , this bloke saw us from the highway and took the next exit and made a bush bash to come help and the council infringement officer was going to book in for entering!! a quick arguement plead was made that he was being a good samaritan and away we went with old mate leading the way as ranger rachel was a little our of her depth and doms ute not up to the task of pulling the crippled truck back out to the entrance, anyways on the way out i decide to take a chicken path that wasnt a chicken path and sink doms truck up the doors in water and mud, with old matey having to stop the convoy and coming a snatching me out. we finally got out and thanked old mate and we set at tryng to get this rig running again after spending a hour on its roof, so glow plugs pulled out i turn the key to pump the oil out that filled the cylinders, we she came out all right covering the rest of the boys in oil that where 10 mtrs away lol !!! when the battery fails big time, so a tow truck was called and we finally got back to the workshop to suss out how much damge we are fixing next weekend.

post-1088-144598552427_thumb.jpg

post-1088-144598552438_thumb.jpg

post-1088-144598552448_thumb.jpg

So much for a quick hours bush bash lol !!

well i guess the ranger is there to protect people from themselves getting bogged or rolling crashing cars and all the other fun activities that i used to do before it got too dangerous apparently now i have to sit on my arse waiting for a heart attack instead i can feel one coming on after having a giggle at your poor mates expense lol

thanks for sharing

jason :cheer:

my favourite was

barry 'look out for the stump"

jason "what stum ouch"

barry "well that farked it"

1800amix - im a mechanic by trade but no longer spin spanners for a crust anymore - though if you want a check over of your paj i recommend B select springfield - Flexo on here works there and they have sponsored the site with prizes a few times now and also hooked some guys up on here with pretty good prices on servicing and tyres.

As for the ranger she was a bit of a green horn but none of us where really annoyed about being fined as i said it was our decision to ignore the signs and head in , the ol saying do the crime be ready to face the fine.

so this weekend will be spent with quite a few hammers and pulling off panels etc. lol

the photo doesnt show the conditions really well where he rolled it, being new to 4wding he was worried about the wash out the car is sitting in so tried to keep far left on the decent - but if your standing at the top looking down the left hand side has a 30 degree angle or more then a rut on the rh wheel half way down, so when he hit the rutt she just tipped over into the wash out, if you just go down the middle hugging the wash out its all peaches.

Let me know when your getting ready to buy Tristan and i will get my mate to keep an eye out for you.

yep i told her i could drive that out but she didnt want too, it was sitting on the transfer cross member. for a ranger she couldnt drive a 4wd really at all and be warned if your ever getting towed out by one they are bloody brutal too.

sounds like if she doesnt get the rego you could calmly just drive off and bank on her poor skills to never catch up

yeah if you can beat the coppers on crf450's lol . really the way people are using that place as a private dump you cant blame them plus the rangers are allways driving around putting out spot fires lit by grubs . the old way of a small minority recking it for everyone.

Hahaha thats gold, I used to wheel in there evry sunday arvo for a long time and also accross from mitre ten on johnson rd, which is now an industrial estate. It was a quarry while they built the high way so there some unreal hillclimbs in there. I've just put my nissan back on the road after 18 months so I'm pretty keen to get back in the bush/ beach although I need a new set of rubber as on the hunting trip last month I slashed a tyre three times. there a bit average after sitting in the sun for so long.

post-6136-144598552534_thumb.jpg

yeah some are good some are bad, the guys there yesterday knew how to ride, specially the young fella , had a bunch of bikes see him and try to bolt - he was all over them like a fat kid on a cake then found a nice little kicker to jump and land infront of them forcing them all to stop with the other cop up there ass. was pretty funny watching it.

• 2 months later...

Archived