Against all odds

Dinodadog

Headed off down NPD dam to this bleak outlook

post-1453-144598552479_thumb.jpg

even got bleaker when I noticed I had left the sounder at home

post-1453-14459855249_thumb.jpg

arrived down near the island after trolling all the way for nothing, to see the guard from the night shift was still on duty

post-1453-144598552499_thumb.jpg

estimated where I thought the fish might be:: :unsure: only been here a hundred times before:laugh:

Dropped a line over the side and found out my calculations were spot on, onto a fish right away. Managed to get a few tagged before the tourists arrived. Amazing how we were 30mt apart and TY managed 3 yellas, even more amazing was that Ray was only 3ft away from TY and he didnt get one. I think TY might of had a different rig or was fishing right on the bottom, what was it TY ??

Anyway sounder or no sounder the fish were still about I managed 23 bass and a cattie so I was pleased with the result:woohoo: Never got any whoppers and as I have mentioned before I dont think we will be seeing to many biggies for awhile, but lets hope the bass hang around for awhile and decide to start taking lures.

post-1453-144598552507_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598552515_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598552525_thumb.jpg

It is strange how people fishing close together can vary in their catch results. Even fishing by myself with 3 rods out all identical rigs,lines and baits one rod will quite often outfish the others. We even seemed to be catching a larger size of bass with only one being undersize and a few over 40.

Cheers

Ray

It is strange how people fishing close together can vary in their catch results. Even fishing by myself with 3 rods out all identical rigs,lines and baits one rod will quite often outfish the others. We even seemed to be catching a larger size of bass with only one being undersize and a few over 40.

Cheers

Ray

Maybe there is such a thing as fishing mojo Ray :P I have a fishing rod that I consider to be in possesion of "mojo", as it consistently performs well....Weird lol!!

Ryan.

Ryan some have gone over the wall and some hide out in the deeper water during summer and do feeding raids into the shallower water earl am , night and afternoon.

Ray yes you may remember me yelling out yesterday that most of my fish were on the same rod.

Brian you may have to get a job out there with us.

Booty the taggs have a ID number and also a number to ring 1800 077 001 if you have no writing gear with you you can ring them , they are pretty quick taking the details.

Eug might have to leave it at home more often

Perky good to see the fish on the move again

Archived