Took my friend to NPD.

rayke1938

My friend was feeling out of sorts because I hardly ever take him out so I decided a trip to npd was in order.

Here he is enjoying himself.:sick:

post-230-144598552716_thumb.jpg

Met another regular up there.

post-230-144598552728_thumb.jpg

Did my shrimp traps and baited up a few redclaw traps and went down to the island where both myself and my friend got rained on. I had scotchguarded my coat and only got wet on my left side.

Not a fish to be found on the sounder so not wishing to qualify for a donut I caught and released a few gar before knocking off around 10 oclock as the wind was starting to get up a bit.

Did the pots on the way back for a reasonable feed.

Found this in one of the pots that had around 30 redclaw in it.The pot was in 15 feet of water well away from the bank and none of the other redclaw were touched.

post-230-144598552732_thumb.jpg

Bit weird as the pot was only in the water for around 4 hours and something had a good feed and then got out of pot.

Back home just after midday to a welcoming " what are you doing here so early? "

Cheers

Ray

Ps I think my friend enjoyed himself as he whistled for me a couple of times.:whistle:

:laugh: :laugh: The kettle ! :laugh: A new legend is born ! :silly:

The redclaw only take about 20 -40 minutes to escape from their old shell and they leave it intact pretty much. Quite amazing how they do it. I've been tricked a few times when I was keeping them in the fish tank. I'd see what I thought was a dead one and a few days later it would emerge a bit bigger with a fresh shell.

If you crack it's claws and there's no flesh in there I'd say that's what's happened. Otherwise it was probably a platypus/echidna cross :whistle:

With all the good tucker you feed them, he probably had to do a quick upsizing of his suit.

I think catching the gar is cheating with regards to the donut rules :laugh:

Fishguts, Bullockys Rest is at NPD. Don't think there is an algae issue there anymore (not sure), but the redclaw have fed quite a few members here without any ill effects.

After getting a few on Sunday I thought I was in for a good day, but alas it was not to be. I picked up my first bass on a purple gidgee ripple

post-1453-144598552747_thumb.jpg

I then turned around and went back over the same track and picked up another and also got a massive tangle from where I turned around to quick, I quickly released the bass then spent nearly 20 mins trying to untangle before bringing out the knife, tied on a couple of new leaders I dont know why as I never seen another fish not even on bait. So I added a pic I took earlier before the wind come up

post-1453-144598552756_thumb.jpg

I dont know where the fish went that were there sunday, low barometer may be the answer :angry:

Dino

A man cannot be beaten by a piece of string !

Mate I agree... I spent a good couple of minutes untangling Ray's and my line the other day. Once I spent half the session on the river untangling my braid whilst Tina pulled in fish after fish... I wasn't bothered, I got the knot in the end!:laugh:

Cheers

Eug

A man cannot be beaten by a piece of string !

Mate I agree... I spent a good couple of minutes untangling Ray's and my line the other day. Once I spent half the session on the river untangling my braid whilst Tina pulled in fish after fish... I wasn't bothered, I got the knot in the end!:laugh:

Cheers

Eug

Hehehehe. Some deckies aren't too appreciative I think. You'd have to ask kriso (the giver of bad advice) about that though. :whistle:

Gotta love the kettle!! It's made its mark in Ray's ride! Bad luck on the fish today ... Bizarre ..

Nice bass dino! Seems like the purple lures with red throats been doing the damage. Ryanyoung was nailing the fish on the same colors.

Well on the bright side, it would have been nice to get home early.

Cheers,

Ty

Archived