Found the culprits

Dinodadog

Found the culprits that have been giving my gear a hard time at the pine river. I got over 30 again this morning and 4 of these were just under 50cm. Its a different story when you are fighting the bass from the boat or kayak than when you are playing them from the bank. Boat or kayak always gives a bit but the bank doesnt move. I found if you try to put pressure on the fish to soon the big ones just snap you off. If you have a relatively snag free zone out from the bank it pays to let the fish have a little run first, then slowly apply a bit of pressure until you have it under control. Quite a few of the bass had sores and there was even a couple with scrape marks that had healed. Passed the bloke in the last pic going about his duties keeping the nest at the right temp and making sure the water dragons keep away.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

post-1453-144598553708_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598553718_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598553727_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144598553736_thumb.jpg

Dino, you are a deadset animal at chasing bass.

To get that many is awesome, and then to get 4 just under 50cm, some people dream about getting that many at that size their entire lives.

Top effort really. Did you get them all on shrimps or did you toss a few lures as well.

And ryan PB bass on a popper is awesome as well..........man i need to get out for a bass fish soon.

Perky and Jason these bass were on shrimp, there is not much skill required at the moment as the fish are very hungry. Pick a spot in the upper reaches of the pine river and you should be able to nail a few. I am just filling in time till they come on the chew at NPD again. As Ryan has said the lures are working at night.

Dino

Archived