Rapists!!!!!!!

kiwifisho

Gday guys, Myself and Jimmy went for a nite popper session at the pine river last nite and as we were walking in we could see lights coming our way, as we got closer we were confronted with, yes the white bucket brigade. We stopped and asked how they got on, all the while one was texting on his phone. These 2 gladly showed us thier catch and yes they had the legal limit. We moved on to our fishing spot, had a cast and then noticed more lights coming from the bush area, and soon out come 2 more carrying 20 litre buckets that were over flowing with fish. Jimmy bolted straight up and asked to see there catch as we knew they were well over the legal limit but they were not keen to show us and we could see tails of bass poking out, so we followed them all the way back to thier vehicle which was a toyota surf reg #969lug and sure enough there were the other 2 waiting for them. After a verbal exchange and nearly a physical one they took off in a hurry. So if anyone sees this vehicle anywhere in the pine river area be warned that they are raping our stocks of bass.

Kiwi ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To report unlawful fishing in Queensland, call the 24-hour Fishwatch hotline on 1800 017 116 (toll free within Queensland).

/>http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_12658.htm

In my experience they DO follow up, so if you haven't yet rung them it would be worthwhile.

Scumbags.

To report unlawful fishing in Queensland, call the 24-hour Fishwatch hotline on 1800 017 116 (toll free within Queensland).

In my experience they DO follow up, so if you haven't yet rung them it would be worthwhile.

Scumbags.

Deadset scumbags mate, My blood was boiling, especially wen most of us respect wat we have .

Kiwi

They have no respect for the environment and their arrogance is simply astounding

All you can do is call the number listed by Ellicat and leave it in their hands.

It's hard to be a nice guy sometimes !

But I know it certainly is frustrating knowing that the stocking association goes to so much effort to populate these areas with a wonderful sport fish which ends up being harvested, and ends up as smelly little fishcakes on some boneheads plate.

If the opinion is that fisheries aren't doing their job, there is always the media. This is an ongoing issue, with a wide range of opinions as to why it occurs. It seems to me, that if the media were bought into the argument, this would aid in mass education to the general public, and also act as a warning for wrong-doers, with the added effect of delivering a motivational rocket to select members of the fisheries department.

As far as I am concerned, this is an issue of epic proportions, and it is not restricted to our local area, but nationally. There are some mobs out there who would probably enjoy taking this on ie: A Current Affair or something like that.

In summary, if the level of authority you are dealing with is proving ineffective, go one higher and so and so forth. If this isn't working, let the media do the work for you, and subsequently reach a far greater audience than just one forum. Let's give this issue to the Australian Public for some attention.

That is all,

Ryan.

Kiwi you're a big lump of a lad, if you are game, a photo along with a rego number passed on to fisheries should see a result.
Licence number already been provided to fisheries. Wat do u meen if Im game? am I the only one that has seen this travisty? I think not, i dont give a toss if they know who I am I care for our fisheries as I thought u did. Wen is the excuse of they need educating gonna stop and some action be taken?

Kiwi ;)

great!!!!!!!!!!! I fish that aera with a blue surf, different rego of course. if I see some half cocked wanker comming at me Ill know to hit fist and ask questions later.

please check the rego before comming anywhere near me.

might start taking the other car for a while

Interesting language you choose there. The person you speak of would just be a concerned fisherman who is protecting the fishery you seem to enjoy fishing :S

From what I saw down there this arvo, this kind of law breaking behaviour isn't limited to any particular sub section of our community...we have our very own home grown baastards that don't mind keeping undersized fish or exceeding bag limits.

On a positive note, most of the fishermen that I spoke to in passing were aware of the bag limits and / or were practicing catch and release. Unfortunately it only takes one group taking home 30 bass to undo the efforts of 10 people who C+R or who obey bag limits.

What can we do?

Know the rules and laws ourselves and abide by them.

Educate others in a friendly and helpful manner

Be aware of what goes on around us

If necessary report any blatant breaches to the relevant authorities.

IMO If we overstep the mark and take the law into our own hands, we are ourselves breaking the law and putting ourselves and others at risk of injury, prosecution or worse.

It's just not worth it.

rod

honestly I do not think that there is a person on here that really advocates fighting. What I think is that people are really trying to highlight these people as poor citizens. It seems that you in a way support their actions? You enjoy this area to fish. Have a think about why it is such a good fishery. It is because there a bunch of hard working volunteers stocking the lake above this creek. Each time the lake over flows or water is released your fishery is restocked. The actions of these people take advantage of the newly stocked reach of the river and reduce the fish available for you and others to catch. Think about this. Just a question do you own a SIPs or do you take advantage of everybodys hard work?

This angers me alot.

Who knows what they were using the fish for; food, pets or other.

I own and have owned fish for quite awhile and the odd occasion that I catch a species with a bag limit and size I only ever take one that is legal.. and by one I mean I take just 'one' fish home. It's unfair that people flog out spots like this, especially if they are just gonna waste the fish.

Just my 2 cents

Firstly if you call the Fishwatch number 1800 017116 and give them the relevent details of such activity it is logged and will be followed up, the more information you give the better ie time, exact location, rego number etc. The more calls that are made the better.

Spend a lot of time on the river myself as I am involved in stocking, managing the fishery and various other research projects.

It is not only the "white bucket brigade" who blatantly disregard the regulations.

No point in getting all hot and angry about it at the time. The fish are dead and nothing will reverse it. As others have said, get as much info on them as possible (pictures, rego) and call the fishwatch number. You can even query them and advise them that it is illegal if you like but as soon as you get hot handed that's when unfortunate things happen that can escalate and nobody wants that.

Yep they suck, they are tossers but I'm not gonna get into fisticuffs with some wanker that took too many fish. Let the authorities handle it.

Cheers

Best to leave it in the hands of the authorities. I know from personal experience (thread: trouble at brekky) that it's not worth getting yourself worked up about it. It sucks that it happens, but people can be unpredictable and you never know how they will react. It hurts to see it though!!

Scumbags.

mate ive rang the twice now abou the same sought of thing, and not got any response. both times they couldnt get hold of the guy for my area. ill keep ringing but!

that sux kiwi. Maybe it is a case of calling in Today Tonight/ACA to blow it out of proportion and put it through the media.... I'm sure they'd be down with a night "sting" operation to out the group... that'll have the authorities on the front foot of nabbing them.

my missus works at channel seven, maybe i can see wether they'd be keen to look at it.

I rang the fishwatch mob and they said the bloke in my area would ring me back, Yea Wateva :( havent heard boo. Gave em all the details I had anyway. By the way Snapsnap Im not condoning violence by any means and would like to think if I approached u, u wouldnt come out swinging as that is just pathetic. I only gave these guys grief because they blatantly had overflowing buckets of bass that I enjoy catching and releasing I must add. As Rocket said(and I was with him yesterday) its not just the white bucket brigade that Take over the limit or undersize fish, from wat I saw anyway. Its just a coincidence that u have the same type of vehicle,but if people looked at the first post I put up they will read the licence number and realize yours is different.

Kiwi ;)

Kiwi i just so happen to have a fresh bag of big a$$ zipties in the truck, me thinks we should go in with some dark gear on and zip em to the trees for the night for the mozzies to sort out, maybe a few of those bass at thier feet for the stray dogs too ?? :cheer:

More water released from the dam last night, and the first harvesters started rocking up at 0420 this morning, conducting shuttle-runs back to the car with bags of fish. Called fishwatch, hopefully they rocked up. It's not much fun fishing down that way anymore, definitely not the relaxing time it should be when you see people disregarding the rules. It is at the stage down there that individuals/groups are aware that the chances of them getting pinged are so low as to be negligible, and their behaviour is a direct reflection of this unspoken fact.

Fisheries called me back about an hour ago. They had responded to my call, and had just arrived at the river. The perps were still there (I hope they haven't offloaded the fish), so hopefully a favourable outcome results. It was very pleasing to see the fishwatch complaint line validated by prompt action on their behalf.

Ryan.

Fisheries just gave me a call to let me know they gave out infringments this morning. I for one am pretty stoked with this, hopefully it will deter some of these individuals in the future.

For anyone who has missed the number previously, here is a bump for fish-watch 1800 017 116, all up, it takes about five minutes to go through the information with them.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived