Huge Silver Perch

doss

if u dont believe me ill take every 1 that wants to come in the next couple of weeks and ill go there next week end and get a couple of videos and but them up!!!!!!!

All is good mate. I just reckon your mate might be having a lend of you, that's all. Either that or he has a shrunken ruler. :laugh:

Hey doss I not quit sure on the length but a mate of my got a xl model of a silver up in one of the barra dams(I'LL EDIT WHEN i FIND WHAT IT WAS) but as he got it to the boat our other mate got a barra and when the barra (97cm) hit the floor of the boat it inhalied the silver and as the storry goes the silver was around the 4lb mark so yes the do grow that big and yes I have seen photo's of both barra and silver

if u dont believe me ill take every 1 that wants to come in the next couple of weeks and ill go there next week end and get a couple of videos and but them up!!!!!!!

hey im a non believer if it means i get to go fishing for them . :evil:

if not then i see no reason it couldnt grow large like that

jason

really angus i fish there all the time 2 killl some time and the police havnt ask me and my mate to move on move yet, the police have moved from the lake and now are at brookwater. you just catch them on bread plus there is some massive eels there

cheers doss

in the second lake that was made we fish on the jettys and get big them and if we go for eels we go to the first lake and eels come up and we though them bread and then we put our lines in and catch them they put on a great fight :woohoo:

not trying to stir anything up, actually wondering.

Why would they make such a thing "illegal" to fish?

One reason would be to reduce the amount of hooks/rubbish etc around the edges of what is mainly a recreational lake for the residents and their children. Probably a liability or image driven decision by the developers of the area, Delfin and is common around the other lakes they've built - eg Forest Lake.

yee great idea ill join it and maybe plus i know many other that would to (10). and all profits go to the fisheries or a charity.

plus we maybe some 1 can put this forward to the council and maybe if we get a load of people to sign some thing we could have a comp on our hand :woohoo:

cheers doss

In regards to the competition thing, it'd be very difficult to organise something like that without a reason other than "I want to catch some fish"... Usually these sorts of events require the fish caught to be used in some research facility or something similar. Probably won't be able to work, because you're pretty much asking to break the law, to have fun. Or at least, that's how they'll interpret it.

Though you're welcome to send them an email to try

In regards to the competition thing, it'd be very difficult to organise something like that without a reason other than "I want to catch some fish"... Usually these sorts of events require the fish caught to be used in some research facility or something similar. Probably won't be able to work, because you're pretty much asking to break the law, to have fun. Or at least, that's how they'll interpret it.

Though you're welcome to send them an email to try

Correct.

In saying that, get in contact with the DPI. They sanctioned our previous Tilapia Cull at Lake Kurwongbah with the only stipulation that we dont release any tilapia and that they take the fish carcasses for disposal and research. Suits me!!

This request was aided strongly by the fact that we were backed by and raising money for the PRFMA (the local stocking group).

My suggestion if you were going to try something like this would be to propose a small entry fee that went to a worthy charity. Bigots in the past have accused me that this tactic is purely self serving to get our fishing event which is rubbish. No one looses in this scenario. You would get your fishing for a minimal fee and a worthy charity would get much needed funds.

Just a thought anyway.

Angus

This is what a 59 cm Silver looks like.

Fished in there collecting some samples (with permission from from relevant govt. departments) there are No Fishing signs everywhere, biggest silver 49cm and very fat though was not targeting them.

yeah that looks the same as the other one?????:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :whistle:

No I was not thinking about going out there to just have fun and catch a few fish (that's a bonus) I thought along the same lines as Angus, small entry fee and registration for anglers with the proceeds going to a local charity or something. Obviously all fish would be destroyed and stored in a sealed container during the course of the day until such time that they get handed over. But I don't know whether it is worth all the trouble as the residents around here would probably kick up a bit of a stink at anglers removing fish from "their"lake.

Archived