wet a$$ but worth it

rosco1974

put some pots out in the sothern bay yesterday will my youngfella...left them soak for about 1/2 hr and did a check and got 5 keeper sandies out of them...left them out overnite...went out this morning around 6 for a fish as the youngfella was keen as for a fish got out to the back of coochie and it looked bloody terrible..i give him the option of pullin the pots and going home or a quick fish then get the pots and go...he opted for the fish first so off to the pelican banks for some whiting...we pulled up and the sky really opened up and it pissed down ....we fished for a couple of hrs for 25 average diver whiting 23cm or over but threw heaps back around the 20cm mark..we pulled the pin an went and pulled the pots we got 25 keepers...even though we got soaked we had a good day out with a great feed..

cheers rosco

yeah mate all sandies...there where a few boats out but not many,,mark the sandies are a bit quiet around the place...last weekend i went from just outside manly harbour to mud and got bugger all....thats why i went down the southern bay this weekend to try...will be havin beer and crabs for dinner tonite

we headed up to comboyuro point to check out the camp grounds stopped at the beacons for a while for a small school mack around the 60 mark and a cod at 56 i think. Was a top run up there wasnt to lumpy the trip back was a bit ordinary though a strong run out tide and the breaze came up after lunch.

Archived