I've decided to buy a yak. need help.

Troy_79

hey guys well iv'e been thinking about buying a yak for a few years now one day im buying one then i would change my mind the next but. I've now finally decided to buy one, hopefully i'll have one before the end of the month. Now i just need some help on where the best place to go and buy one. im not looking at buying the top of the range one, and im looking at spending around 700-800 bucks which i know probably isnt much if i want to buy a decent one. I went to good time this morning and had a look saw a couple of nice ones there but they were abit out of my price range. Any help would be awesome.

cheers,troy

im also looking at buying 2nd hand and been on grays online there's heaps of cheap yaks and they look pretty good i guess. thinking about putting down a bid for one. they are a ALONA Professional Single Sit On Top Kayak. and they are at Acacia ridge so only down the road from me. anyone know of these yaks and if so are they dodgey:)

cheers, troy

/>http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-701110/sporting-leisure-goods/innovative-alona-professional-single-sit-on-top-kayak-full-accessories?spr=q%253dkayak

I am in the same boat, and have pretty much decided on the Viking Espri, $850 fitted with fishing kit from Viking Kayaks on Gympie Rd at Chermside.

Going through the kayak fishing forums it seems like a pretty popular choice for beginners and a nice versatile boat. Good luck!

im also looking at buying 2nd hand and been on grays online there's heaps of cheap yaks and they look pretty good i guess. thinking about putting down a bid for one. they are a ALONA Professional Single Sit On Top Kayak. and they are at Acacia ridge so only down the road from me. anyone know of these yaks and if so are they dodgey:)

cheers, troy

/>http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-701110/sporting-leisure-goods/innovative-alona-professional-single-sit-on-top-kayak-full-accessories?spr=q%253dkayak

The Alona looks to be a Chinese brand. Most of the Chinese kayaks are considered "toys" rather than "real" kayaks and are not U.V. stabilised so you don't often get more than a few years before they start breaking down. That would be the main thing, check that the plastic is U.V. stabilised, if not, don't bother. Other than that, 3 meters is likely to be on the unstable side. I'd be looking at a Viking Nemo or better still, the Viking Espri. The Nemo was my first yak and it was quite satisfactory. I've recently purchased an Espri for my brother and I was blown away how good that yak is for the money.

Cheers,

Gavin

cheers, troy

The Alona looks to be a Chinese brand. Most of the Chinese kayaks are considered "toys" rather than "real" kayaks and are not U.V. stabilised so you don't often get more than a few years before they start breaking down. That would be the main thing, check that the plastic is U.V. stabilised, if not, don't bother. Other than that, 3 meters is likely to be on the unstable side. I'd be looking at a Viking Nemo or better still, the Viking Espri. The Nemo was my first yak and it was quite satisfactory. I've recently purchased an Espri for my brother and I was blown away how good that yak is for the money.

Cheers,

Gavin

yeah ive gone off that yak now:) had a look at the nemo and espri. leaning towards the espri

I heard orange and black were the best for attack :lol:

yeah might be alright in attack but SOFT:P

Sorry mate, totally off topic, but I couldn't let that one go. haha

Will concede we'd be tougher with Shillington and Learoyd Lahrs in our pack too :evil:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnNUMiRnL8o&feature=BF&list=QL&index=7

I was kind enough not to embed Croker the Choker's missed goal :whistle:

I heard orange and black were the best for attack :lol:

yeah might be alright in attack but SOFT:P

Sorry mate, totally off topic, but I couldn't let that one go. haha

Will concede we'd be tougher with Shillington and Learoyd Lahrs in our pack too :evil:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnNUMiRnL8o&feature=BF&list=QL&index=7

I was kind enough not to embed Croker the Choker's missed goal :whistle:

Ive been avoiding seeing any footage of this game. one of the worst nights of my life haha. if campo didn't do his knee u guys were gooooone! lucky we played one of our worst games of the season. wait til next year. :)

Back on topic.....Mate, I am picking up a Viking Espri next week, or the week after. I have been told they are pretty good for the money. If you go in to the Viking dealership, the fella knows a bit about them, and will set you up with a bit of a deal.....The drama is saying no to some of the optional extras lol :P

Back on topic.....Mate, I am picking up a Viking Espri next week, or the week after. I have been told they are pretty good for the money. If you go in to the Viking dealership, the fella knows a bit about them, and will set you up with a bit of a deal.....The drama is saying no to some of the optional extras lol :P

ok cool got this weekend off so i'll head in there and have a chat, cheers

Archived