how to: Ballooning

fishingfon

Hi all, i am heading up to hervey bay this cristmas, i was planing to drift a dead bait down under a baloon for Mac Tuna - i got it right at last-, Macs, Sharks, turrum, golden trevs, small GT. but was just wondering how to make the rig, ie: how far under the bait should be, how to make the rig, and do you use thos big ballons that are about 30/40cm round or the water bombs, my main line is 30lb

Thanks

Corey

i'm goin up to hervey bay, aroundt he same time, don't know how the fishin i'll be on the urangan pier, ther'll be people fishing 24/7. Any way, my rig, all i do, is tie a swivel onto the main line, then attach some leader, 40-50lb (whatever u want) then attach a size 1 or 2 sinker for casting weight, and a hook. And for the balloon i attach the balloon to the swivel with a zip tie. And i usually make the leader about 40-60cm long. I'm not a pro fisherman, so this rig may not be right, but this is what i do, hope it helps a bit!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i'm goin up to hervey bay, around the same time, don't know how the fishin i'll be on the urangan pier, ther'll be people fishing 24/7. Any way, my rig, all i do, is tie a swivel onto the main line, then attach some leader, 40-50lb (whatever u want) then attach a size 1 or 2 sinker for casting weight, and a hook. And for the balloon i attach the balloon to the swivel with a zip tie. And i usually make the leader about 40-60cm long. I'm not a pro fisherman, so this rig may not be right, but this is what i do, hope it helps a bit!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ballooning is fun but there are things to consider wind direction / current and bait weight .

We would firstly work out if the wind was blowing in the right direction to carry our baits to where we wanted them B)

then which way the current was running and which is going to be stronger wind / current

If the wind was favorable just a balloon with about 4-5 foot drop attached by a elastic band to the main line was all we did ;)

if current was an issue or could be used to our favour we would hang a vane under the balloon to promote tidal influences ;)

The down side to all of it nowadays is your balloon and if used vane will drift off after a strike (elastic band breaks ) and your adding to pollutants :pinch:

Gaz

and this is where the plastic ends up...

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

edit: not that a balloon will count for much compared to the billions of plastic bottles they are making each year which are not recyclable.

p.s I dont have a problem with this fishing technique, just trying to have a bit of a laugh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived