Is it to fresh for Threadfins?

TheLazyboy

taste the water when you get there lol, if it's very fresh theres not a huge chance of threadies but if there's some salt content a few smaller specimens may be lurking, you never know. also note that deeper in the water it may be saltier (though i kind of doubt there'd be much salt up there currently)

threadies and especially big ones don't do freshwater, the small ones push up into the brackish areas during that part of their lifecycle but mature threadfin don't enjoy the old fresh much at all

bullies should be going well though as said above

cheers

Dan

Hopefully there isn't too much debri floating about the river down near kooka? Was thinking of taking the boat down there for some sharks tomorrow but if the water is still full of rubbish then i prbs won't bother. Anyone seen how it's looking down there??

theres heaps fresh still coming down. coleges is right up and not easing up its still on the rise. i reckon there a heap of water still to come from gatton lockyer creek that hasnt reached crosby yet out on the warego hwy out near the big orange fruit shop lockyer creek is in full flow . quite llucky really cause another half a days pouring rain from up there would have been enough to close colleges again for a week. probly run hard for a few more days yet..

theres heaps fresh still coming down. coleges is right up and not easing up its still on the rise. i reckon there a heap of water still to come from gatton lockyer creek that hasnt reached crosby yet out on the warego hwy out near the big orange fruit shop lockyer creek is in full flow . quite llucky really cause another half a days pouring rain from up there would have been enough to close colleges again for a week. probly run hard for a few more days yet..

cheers mick .

think i will head somewhere else too .

with that much fresh pushing down and the tide running out ,that's going to be a lot pushing down the river .

Archived