latest info for nerang and coomera required

Zim man

hi all

i had planned a day to the coomera tommorow but heard that the water was dirty up in the lake.

Does anyone know how the nerang is for water clarity or latest coomera reports? keen to get out but not interested in chocolate brown water.

This humidity has got to be firing up the jacks:woohoo:

Dunno mate but I'm going fishing the coomera tonight, monday night i got a 140cm pike eel and missed a few good hits. Kinda hard to fish when rain's hitting your face at 90 degrees. Last time the water was really dirty a couple of months back we had some of our best catches. Give it a go I reckon.

forget the top end of the coomera - still 1 metre of water flowing over the weir - that place really shuts down after a big fresh. bait fishos may stand a better chance, but no good for lures.

with the amount of fresh coming out of the rivers at the moment - we are unlikely to get much of a run in for a few days at least

marty

Hi Guys, as Marty has said the upper reaches of the Coomera and the Nerang as well will not be great for a while.

I did have a fish at the mouth of the South arm of the Coomera on Monday afternoon on the low tide, was better than i thought.

Trevally were smashing baitfish on the surface, managed 1 reasonable fish and dropped another one that i couldn't turn on the 3lb braid i was using.

As a general rule the Nerang is less effected because of the dam but i haven't had a chance for a look, working the tide in these conditions will always help in finding fish, cheers wayne.

post-7760-144598555971_thumb.jpg

tully creek is a long drive brad :) talle creek however is a little closer. I drive over the talle twice a day and I can tell you the mid reaches are still fairly dirty looking. it has got slightly better over the week though. I reckon the end closest to the mouth (and the canals) would be okay on a run in tide. problem is they are forecasting a fair bit of rain down here sat arvo/evening. the ground is already soaked, so any rain will become runoff and flood the creeks again :(

dirty water and northerly winds - can it get any worse???

Archived