From heavy cover

Dinodadog

Decided to do battle with some tough little bass again this morning. I tried my luck in some rough weed infected areas where these little toughies hang out. With a bit of walking, a bit of wading and a bit of groaning I managed quite a few for my efforts and the most amazing thing is I never lost a single lure. I was also rewarded with a nice 55cm toga. I took a quick pic and then tried to get a pic in the water but it was to quick for me one flick and it was off. Might just have to spend a bit of time in front of the TV over the weekend to recover.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

post-1453-144598556415_thumb.jpg

nice colours

post-1453-144598556426_thumb.jpg

they might be little but

post-1453-144598556435_thumb.jpg

bitabigga

post-1453-144598556445_thumb.jpg

from heavy cover

post-1453-144598556454_thumb.jpg

55cm toga

post-1453-144598556464_thumb.jpg

Yeah i agree with bundy, love all the reports and i also need to learn a few things from the master i think.

On the TOGA. Wow DIno great fish, i need to get off my backside and go a target some hey seeing as there are spots just down the road.

You must be over the moon with that one. To get one to strike is one thing to actually hook and land it i have been told is even more difficult. Great work.

Well the cats well and truly out of the bag now. Got my first one the other day on fly. Left phone in car, and yes I know "no photo...didn't happen" but I had one witness (a bit unreliable but hey)

Good fish elops, I've heard there are a few bruisers lurking there.

Thanks fellas yes it did put a smile on the dial and Steve its not the first, oh and no dragging involved I used to be a weightlifter, just interested in what the marks are on your fish.

Dino

Which marks Denis ? it has some old regrowth scales on the third row, could be from mating battles or from when it was translocated, the big ones play up a bit in the harvest net.

Well the cats well and truly out of the bag now. Got my first one the other day on fly. Left phone in car, and yes I know "no photo...didn't happen" but I had one witness (a bit unreliable but hey)

Good fish elops, I've heard there are a few bruisers lurking there.

Are you the one of the flyfisherman that we ran into the other day when we had the stocking trailer.

Congrats on your first they are a fantastic fish, by far my favorite freshwater fish.

Archived