Hoping for a Cod or Jack

Mr FeLiX

Afternoon ladies and gents,

I'm dead keen to get out this weekend and head either north or south (within reason) in the hopes of blooding my new combo with either a Jack or a Cod.

PLEASE understand, I am asking for advice but I am NOT asking for your spot X.

I'm keen to try both larger blades and plastics, but I'll also take the cast net and livie bucket/pump should the fail.

I am landbased BTW...Still...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if I hook up you will forever be considered a fishing god.

P.S. WIll be fishing a G.Loomis GL2 B/C matched with a Saltist HRF and 20 Lb braid for a start.

Thank you in advance for any contributions. May the fish be with you

Mr FeLiX

When I fished land bassed for these critters I fished the Pimpama river at the weir, which is on Kerkin rd. I didn't have much luck using lures back then, live bait was the go. We threw the cast net off the bridge/ weir and caught heaps of herring, poddy mullet and occasionally a few tarpon around 30cm long which were excellent as strip bait for jacks. Cod, jacks, bream and small bullies were our main catchs down there. I think at the moment it wont be worth fishing due to the amount of fresh there is, hopefully it will flush out soon so I can launch the yak there.

When I fished land bassed for these critters I fished the Pimpama river at the weir, which is on Kerkin rd. I didn't have much luck using lures back then, live bait was the go. We threw the cast net off the bridge/ weir and caught heaps of herring, poddy mullet and occasionally a few tarpon around 30cm long which were excellent as strip bait for jacks. Cod, jacks, bream and small bullies were our main catchs down there. I think at the moment it wont be worth fishing due to the amount of fresh there is, hopefully it will flush out soon so I can launch the yak there.

Thanks for the advice mate, will definatley check it out when the water subside a bit.

Cheers

fish any bridge over a river/creek on the gold coast on the run in tide - make sure you fish close to the mouth so you get some clean water.

currumbin and talle have bridges a couple of hundred metres form the mouth so they are obvious spots to try. a few of the canals that feed off the broadwater also have bridges near the mouth that would also be a chance - you may have to wait later in the tide though for the clean water to reach them?

fishing any bridge over a river/creek on the gold coast on the run in tide - make sure you fish close to the mouth so you get some clean water.

currumbin and talle have bridges a couple of hundred metres form the mouth so they are obvious spots to try. a few of the canals that feed off the broadwater also have bridges near the mouth that would also be a chance - you may have to wait later in the tide though for the clean water to reach them?

Thanks for the advice marty, sounds to me like a plan of action. Sheez, I might need a few more lures though judging by the pylons on a few of those bridges...:pinch:

Archived