Petrol station etiquette?

bootyinblue

Is there such a thing?

After being the 'innocent' party involved in 2 events during the 1 visit to a petrol station it has got me thinking of if there is a right and wrong.

OK here a couple of obsvervations, questions and comments.

1 . In a service station with multiple entrances, should everyone feed in to the pumps from the one side and out the other. We have all seen the person reverse into a spot blocking it till they have paid. and today we had 2 cars head on at 2 pumps and then both had a car waiting behind them and everyone was looking at the other to see who was going to move. I was the second car facing 'the right way' so me and the car in front stuck firm till the other 2 cars reversed out.

Should there be arrows painted on the pavement?

Ok so I get to the diesel pump finally and.....

2. As the pump services both sides of the drive, some 'hair stylist' in his VW diesel screams in and grabs the diesel pump out of my hand almost. Luckily, my ute will take the truck nozzle on the other side of the pump, so while he is gently streaming in 30L I managed to fill mine to the gunnels with 70L and persue him into the store. He runs and grabs a Red Bull and some hair putty, and I beat him to the queue. Its here I have 3 attempts at getting my pin number right much to some huffs and puffs behind me, then turn around, give him a wink and stroll out, only to realise that he might have thought the wink was my way of 'snap me off a bit of that candy to eat'

Should someone sort of assess who was waiting for what prior to pumping?

There are a hundred more service station dilemmas but that was the two I encountered today!

It all gets back to the inventor of the clock.

People obsess over using 5 minutes of their life to huff and puff rather than laughing it up and putting the mind to deciding what flavour or variety of chocolate they should get next.

Well done on standing your ground. That situation is surely from a Monty Python skit. :laugh:

A bloke was killed at my local Caltex a couple of years ago due to some pump rage. It's just not worth it when there is still so much chocolate to eat.

The other sheriff on here was cleared of wrongdoing by the video footage which showed someone mistakenly have a go at him first :whistle: :laugh:

The shell at sherwood is like that and it seems pot luck with which way is the right way.

My beef is when there is only one car (petrol powered) and she decides to fill at the only pump that has a diesel nozzle.

OK second beef is she then goes inside does her shopping for 10 minutes, texts by the door for a further eternity then moves her car after sitting in it for another 5 minutes. :angry:

I was at the Service Station at Nudgee a few months ago,and on one side there was 2 pumps and 2 cars that had looked like they had got there fuel.

So i calmly waited for them to return....for quite some time.

It was very busy,and i had another 3 cars behind me.

After about 10 VERY LONG minutes the owners of the 2 cars finally came out....i wont mention there nationality as it most certainly not the issue....

They actually had got ther fuel....and then decided to get some Macdonalds !!

I actually said to one of the "Home Boys" who came out,"Get your Maccas okay mate",in which he actually threatened me.....violently.

I am 6'2" and 125kgs,and he was not a day over 18 and 60kgs...unreal !

After backing down,the bloke behind me mentioned i should have knocked him for six....what has the world come become !!

People obsess over using 5 minutes of their life to huff and puff rather than laughing it up and putting the mind to deciding what flavour or variety of chocolate they should get next.

Well done on standing your ground. That situation is surely from a Monty Python skit. :laugh:

A bloke was killed at my local Caltex a couple of years ago due to some pump rage. It's just not worth it when there is still so much chocolate to eat.

The other sheriff on here was cleared of wrongdoing by the video footage which showed someone mistakenly have a go at him first :whistle: :laugh:

That would be me.

I had a bloke in his jeep pull straight in off the road whilst i was patiently waiting in line. I had to say soemthing so got out of the car and siad a few choice words to him. HE took a swing and i then smacked him straight on his nose.

HE marched into the attentant and said if he saw what happened cause i assaulted him. HE was told everything including his first swing at me was all caught of camera. He then went a funny colour and walked out. lol

That would be me.

I had a wog in his jeep pull straight in off the road whilst i was patiently waiting in line. I had to say soemthing so got out of the car and siad a few choice words to him. HE took a swing and i then smacked him straight on his wog nose.

HE marched into the attentant and said if he saw what happened cause i assaulted him. HE was told everything including his first swing at me was all caught of camera. He then went a funny colour and walked out. lol

:evil: :laugh:

"1 . In a service station with multiple entrances, should everyone feed in to the pumps from the one side and out the other. We have all seen the person reverse into a spot blocking it till they have paid. and today we had 2 cars head on at 2 pumps and then both had a car waiting behind them and everyone was looking at the other to see who was going to move. I was the second car facing 'the right way' so me and the car in front stuck firm till the other 2 cars reversed out."

I avoid the Matilda North Ippy for exactly this reason and now use the Shell Karalee because there is only one way in. Having said that, I pulled my car up at the pump and had some clown walk over to the said pump as I was getting out of the car and use it to fill his mower fuel can - there were a few choice words said and threats etc.... I won't go into further details ;)

I tried the fill and move at my local BP one time as it was chocka so I thought I'd let the huff and puff brigade take a short breather. When I got out of the car and headed off to pay, the console operator had come out the front door to chase me as she thought I was doing a runner :laugh: :laugh:

I think in an honest World with better computer programming for the servo stations the fill move then pay would work better at a lot of places.

I think you nailed an easy and logical solution booty.

Arrows on the ground.

Solve the problem. You may still get a tool entering the wrong way. But at least it would easily definable who is in the wrong.

Come to think of it I am amazed its not common place.

Angus

only dramas i have at petrol stations is trying to explain to the attendant that i've filled from 2 pumps (car and boat) and not twice on each, or not two full tanks on 1 pump, etc

had a good 15mins of argument one time as the fella was dead sure i'd put one lot of 70L and one lot of 15L in my 25L fuel tank for the boat, as well as the 30L in the car :whistle:

Arrows on the ground.

Solve the problem. You may still get a tool entering the wrong way. But at least it would easily definable who is in the wrong.

Angus

I have always been an ideas man! Now I just need to invent something that they can mark the arrows out on the ground with ;-)

Arrows on the ground.

Angus

I have always been an ideas man! Now I just need to invent something that they can mark the arrows out on the ground with ;-)

post-564-144598557101_thumb.jpg

I do my best to avoid peak times at servos pretty easy to do with two tanks. but the other week when we went to wave break island I had to get fuel on the way home. So we pulled into the BP at the Jacobs well turn of and it was pretty crowded. There was some body already at the deisel pump so not wishing to block the whole area up with the boat I held off to the side with the indercator flashing to show my intenchion of turning into the space. It ended up being a far wait as the other guy must have gone to get coffee or some such, but eveybody seemed to have worked out to go around me to the petrol pumps. The other driver comes and as he is moving off some little tart comes around me and slips in front of me with her little buzz box and pull up at the first pump. I went over and she was not going to move as she was just going to fill up. After a bit of a heated chat she desided to move. Next time I will be tempted to pull in and block the whole drive just so no little twat can slip in front

I used to work at a place called Bankstown in NSW, its got a large Middle Estern population :woohoo: No one ever cheated a spot there or you would have likley become a statistic, though there was a lot of petrol nicked in fact there was a lot of stations armed robbed. ]

That was where I was brought up and used to work. It was a case of being able to talk the talk, or run like hell.

I won my last fight down there by a good 60-70 metres :-)

Archived