Does the rain put you off going for a fish ? Poll

ellicat

Does the rain put you off going for a fish ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Does the rain put you off going for a fish ?

• Always
    • Never
    • Only if it's coupled with wind
    • Only if it's bucketing down
    • Only when it's cold

Wind does me. Happy with rain.

We pulled the pin last night earlier than expected due to this.

We fished solidly in epic down pours for hours (with some decent results by some).

But once the sun dropped and the wind picked up it was pretty unbearable. The idea of pushing on for another couple of hours was one thing, but pushing through another 8 to make it to the dawn session was another all together.

Incidently the report will be up soon.

Angus

Rain kills it for me. The shed where the boat lives is up a long grassy slope in my backyard and it gets too slippery to back the boat up there with a 2 wheel drive car when it is wet. Nowhere out the front where it would be safe to leave when no-one is home. If I can talk any of my mates with fourby into it, rain is no problem.

I put never down, but i suppose it depends on the situation. If i am at home and it's raining then i probably wouldn't go for a fish. But if i am already fishing and it begins to rain and the wind picks up i will just keep fishing till the time i intended to pack it in, in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

The rain doesn't bother me at all, wet from sweat or wet from rain lol. I usually get wet from retrieving lures anyway. The wind is sometimes annoying, but once again, will not stop me. I am pretty used to being wet and cold though, which goes hand in hand with my outdoorsy type of job.

Ryan - I bet you haven't been out flicking light lures in the wind... believe me mate.. it'll drive you nuts. You can't get a cast out, and you can't bring one back in without a knot... ridiculous.

Wind and cold together are the worst, I can say I hate that. If it was hot, windy and rainy I'd just be bloody annoyed.

Ryan - I bet you haven't been out flicking light lures in the wind... believe me mate.. it'll drive you nuts. You can't get a cast out, and you can't bring one back in without a knot... ridiculous.

Wind and cold together are the worst, I can say I hate that. If it was hot, windy and rainy I'd just be bloody annoyed.

Tried it a few times Henry, and yes, it is frustrating. Which is why I change up the lures I use on such days, opting for heavier ones, and also finding some sheltered areas....Where there's a will, there's a way lol!!!

still fish in the rain

i was out the other day having a flick at wello point and when i turned around there was a dirty big squall coming

being at the end of the sand bar,there was no way i was going to beat it

so you just stay and grin and bare it

still caught bugger all but it was great to get out

• 10 months later...

Seeing the weather warning for the BRC reminded me of this thread and how the majority were not afraid of the rain unless it was coupled with wind.

After a pretty wet season a year ago and now a forecast wet December again :evil: , does anybody want to change their vote ?

Seeing the weather warning for the BRC reminded me of this thread and how the majority were not afraid of the rain unless it was coupled with wind.

After a pretty wet season a year ago and now a forecast wet December again :evil: , does anybody want to change their vote ?

You're a pest! :kiss:

Archived