costly lesson learnt

ozskippy

Hey Guys

went down to BCF the other day and got some new soft plastics for the up coming holidays. I mixed the snap backs with the squidgy fish i bought into the same bag. Went down to check out my supplies today to find the snapbacks had all melted into a ball of goop and the squidgy fish had gone rock hard !!!!! Must have had a reaction between the two materials. There goes $30 dowm the drain !!!!! At least i will know for next time

Snapbacks are made from a totally different plastic material, the same as some strike king soft plastics. i forget the exact name of the material that they are made from but they react with all other soft plastics and also with spinnerbait skirts and quite a few different plastic lure trays react with them as well. Best to always keep them well seperate from others.

look for '' wormproof '' tackle storage. this means that you can store plastics without said catastrophe.

They dont all work with the snapbacks and strike kings SP's. Very few worm proof tackle storage can handle them because they have a different make up to normal soft plastics. Before getting your storage, best to do a bit of research. Even phone the Australian suppliers to check with them. It could save you a bit of bucks

the snapback/z-man material is a proprietry elastomer called cyberflexx, couldnt' explain the chemistry to ya, something about the crystalline makeup of the polymer blend, but as said its reactive with a number of things including standard PVC plastisols so will melt on on ya pretty readily if not careful

cheers

Dan

the snapback/z-man material is a proprietry elastomer called cyberflexx, couldnt' explain the chemistry to ya, something about the crystalline makeup of the polymer blend, but as said its reactive with a number of things including standard PVC plastisols so will melt on on ya pretty readily if not careful

cheers

Dan

cyberflexx, i knew i knew it, thanks Dan.

think in future i will just leave the snap backs in their package and the others can in my soft plastics container. So not having used them do the snap backs go ok before i buy some more or are they crap???

They are a popular SP and I have seen them work.

Crazywalrus swears by them.

protection ??? always keep all my gulps in 1 container with juice and all my other non scented plastics in another container - no juice- is that a bad thing??

Not sure if Gad was making a joke or serious? When I bought my first lot of Snapbacks the guy in Bundy BCF told me not to store them with anything else. I love the 5 inch white ones for Trevaly I love the way the swim and they are pretty tough so I do not get a lot of tailed lures. Store them in the same packet you buy them. I keep my SPs in one of those plastic wallets in the bags they come in.

Archived