Spit Sand Pump Jetty

chaujern

Two visits to the sand pump ... morning and evening ... both occasions saw kingfish around the metre mark ...

Morning session some fella was jigging with sabiki lures and burleyed up the water ... kingfish lurked around ... chucked pilly near it ... it investigated and ignored it ...

Evening session, armed with live mullet ... spotted kingfish yet again ... excited I chucked mullet near it ... kingy swam right up to the mullet ... swam around it ... white knuckling my rod with anticipation ... then it took a sniff ... and swam away ...

sigh ...

anyway .. next time eh ... main thing is they are around ...

btw .. for some reason yellow tail have been chopping up around the jetty ... don't know if its a common occurrence as I don't often head there cos' of donut history ...

what colour hooks are you using?

i remember when i was at straddy with straddybrad, we couldnt use anything but prawns. the bream would just look at it and swim away

the redness of the prawns hid the redness of the hooks.

It sounds wierd but i reckon fish are pretty smart. try to hide the hook in bait and try again.

you can fish there anytime of the day ... the ticket is valid for the day ... so you can fish dawn, pay on exit ... then flash ticket for dusk session ...

these kingies are teasers alright ... seems like if the wanna bite they'll bite ... a week ago a guy caught one on heavy handline with pillie ...

will head back again for another go

• 2 weeks later...

Archived