best bullshark bait

rosstralia46

so was fishing down the logan river the other day and didint even get a take and was down there for 3 hours and another guy came along and said he used eel and catches em all the time and later on i got twobumps on my mullet but no take and when i wound it in the mullet was fine so im thinking a bullie was just nudging the bait i know live is best but i usually dont catch a catty big enough they are all tiny little ones so was just wondering wat everyone uses or swears buy cheers guys :)

since of all of this fresh comin down, try the out goin tide, and fish the dead low, becoz, then all the fresh pushes out towards the mouth and then the bullies come along the mangroves and clean up. this is how i understand this anyway, it may not be right but it works 4 me, got absolutely Hammad 2ce on Sunday, on the freshwater eel. @ the out going tide.............

hey rosstralia, when you were fishin in the Logan river, were your baits presented as a bottom bait or the top. Also 1 more thing to try, go out on an outgoing tide, and burley, then fish the run in 4 about an hour, this is becoz, on the out going, the burley goes to the mouth of the river, and then when it starts to come in, your burley comes back to you, that should bring in some sharkies. Any way this is just a suggestion, and every time i have used it in the Logan, i always, get smashed.

I fish for them at Alexanda Clark Park. Every time i have fished there for them i have not failed. The burley i use is fish meal. I get an empty 2l milk bottle fill it up half with fish meal, and half with water, then i shake it till the meal and water has mixed together, after, that, i pop it in the freezer. When i fish for the bullies, i attach the milk bottle to a rope and a brick (to keep the burley on the bottom, also, if there is any boat activity, it doesn't mess up your burley trail.) And about every hour, i put in a new milk bottom. It is really good stuff. Hope this helps :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

post-4681-144598560425_thumb.jpg

he went 87cm

i got out this little sucker from there, i have aslo, caught aother 1, he went 95, and i have been busted off by 100lb wire once as well :dry: :dry: :(

i always get heaps of activity there

Yeah me 2 :unsure: :unsure: also thought i'd just warn you, if you are ever going down there to fish on the pontoon at night, the council, lock the gates at 7.00pm, every night, so i think it would be a good idea to park the car out side the gates, or it will be a very long night......... :pinch:

• 1 month later...

just wondering, how u guys rig ur mullet??

we normally just pin it though the back or if there bigger we go though the gills then though the side of it..

is this the best way??

cheers joel..

post-8878-144598577369_thumb.jpg

or use 1 tuna circle and thread it through the mullet and into the gills and out the mouth.

try some 400lb nylon for the circle hook

Archived