Rules?

JamesMac

Hey everyone,

Im getting my first kayak for christmas, and was wandering whether or not there were any rules i have to follow, I have looked on the internet but havent found anything, So any help would be appreciated. By the way im 15 if there are any rules for younger fisherman.

Thank You very much

a pfd is not a legal requirement, but there are such good ones for kayaking there is no excuse for not wearing one. When dark you are required to have an all round white light and best keep out of busy waterways/channels for your own safety. A kid with a 40hp on a tinny aint gonna see you when he's blatting around with his bow 6 feet in the air

tomca,

yeah i have been looking at some of the PFD's and they look quite comfy, and you can never go wrong with one on. the light makes sense, does it have to be like an LED light like on the top of boats?

and i will deffinatley be watching out for the crazy kids scaring my fish away xD

Thank you very much

thanks a lot guys

daveylad, i would love some shark detterant xDxDxD If only *gazzing into the nothingness*

some tribe actually drags chilli behind there boats because the believe it disgusts and burns the sharks

Justham, Thanks a lot mate, i will be deffinatley be apart of the safe practise area xD

i dont play to go interstate but you never know xD

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of good advice in there James, feel free to let me know if I can help with anything specific. "Situational Awareness" is my biggest asset whilst on the yak, combined with all the basics, PFD, yak with a mate, fresh water etc etc etc. Have fun mate, you are going to love it.

Al

Archived