A read for all.

ryanyoung

Great job Rod :)

Nice little article and good to see some attention on the issue. Only thing missing would be a link to size and bag limits or a little fact box with those details.

I would take a guess and say 99.9% of the bottom dwellers would be aware of the regulations but plead ignorance

I believe the only thing missing was the Fishwatch Hotline number so that more people are aware, to report these things

yeh guys I agree, I actually asked for those details to be addressed in the article, but I guess the editor and reporter only have so much room they can spare. At least the issue has been given some publicity, hopefully people will read this and think twice about breaking the law and the fisheries guys may give it a bit more attention.

Agreed Rod, its a step in the right direction. Even mentioning the bag limit is 2 I think is good. I can honestly understand why people who dont understand stocking etc and who have not checked the rules and regs never guessing that a bag limit of 2 would be in place. We take it for granted as we know the reasoning behind it.

When I first read this I thought it was "Rods Rage" (as in Rod Vardy himself) ahahahaha. I cant imagine Rod in a rage :P

Angus

Good stuff Rod, Im glad its out there now, but buy all the replies this post has had i guess snapper takes preference to native fish. Come on guys get behind your native fish. I know that there are fisheries guys that troll these fishing web sites so maybe we can finally get action. I maybe a kiwi but i take more concern and respect for OUR yes OUR fishery than most Aussies do ( no disrespect intended) but its the truth. My 2 cents worth anyway and if its upset anyone well so be it.

Kiwi ;)

Reading a report by Angrybundybear this morning, he came across the usual crowd of white buckets down there up to their usual harvest...he did the right thing and called fisheries to be informed that there were no patrols this weekend in that area.

Grossly under staffed fisheries in a part of the world where the fishing on offer is quite remarkable ?!? The system certainly sucks !!!

I concur with that, the fisheries are kept very busy across S.E QLD, and the WBB are not just limited to this location unfortunately, which spreads fisheries even thinner. I reckon it is a tough, thankless job for them, and personally, my hat goes off to the Fishwatch mob. Problems in, but not limited to, staffing, budget and powers are among the bigger issues that need to be targeted for any resolution to this problem.

Maybe a newspaper with a wider coverage, coupled with several letters to our members for parliament, would highlight this issue further, and put pressure on the powers-that-be to examine this problem in depth? My thoughts. Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Ryan.

I personally think the the powers that be will eventually just say, Stuff ya's all we will close the whole area off :angry:

Kiwi ;)

That solution has become a recurring theme, right across the board, governments bring in regulations that punish the majority who do the right thing,while the minority keep doing the wrong thing.

That type of regulating has never solved the original problem

As in the WBB if some are repeat offenders why are they left with their vehicles and fishing gear to keep returning to become serial repeat offenders.

Archived