PB Bass / Magic session part 2

AngryBundyBear

Well the old man decided to come down for a visit so up at 3am and of we went for a bit of a fish, when we arrived there were white bucket brigade in numbers and limited spots available so up a bit further and found a spot, as it was still dark on went a popper and no more than 2 casts and i was on to a New PB!! 51.5cm Bass was landed woohooo continued flicking surface poppers for a while landing a further 2 coming in at 42cm and 47 cm respectivly had a couble big hits with some more but thier shook hooks loose .. a few more casts then my last popper was lost to lure heaven.which wasn't to bad as the bass had gone of the chew..meanwhile the old man had been trying every lure at his disposal for not even a tap..by this time the white bucket brigade had started to land a few on live bait and not even bothering to measure them just chucking them straight in their buckets :angry: decided to call it a day as we couldn't even get a cast out as more WBB( white Bucket Brigade ) turned up and put lines in all around us,so had no room to fish..still a good session for me maybe next time for dad.

The happy BundyBear with PB Bass 51.5cm

post-7502-144598559256_thumb.jpg

post-7502-144598559263_thumb.jpg

nice little pic of the popper i was using before it went to lure heaven..

post-7502-144598559274_thumb.jpg

and my other two bass 42ccm and 47cm

post-7502-14459855928_thumb.jpg

post-7502-14459855929_thumb.jpg

Nice bass mate, when you had the fish did they come over to have a look ? When we'd hook a good bass or yella they'd cruise on over and start asking questions " you gunna keep ? " nah, nah, don't eat fish out of here, then throw the fish back in an listen to them grumble....very enjoyable !

One of the other things that bothers me is that they usually don't kill the fish that they steal, just let them flop around til they finally die.

on the WBB didn't have fisheries number so on return home gave them a call and reported thier actions however was informed that they had no patrols in the area for the weekend.

that's just wonderful, a known hotspot for illegal activity and no patrols on a weekend :(

oh well, at this rate the fish will all be gone and there won't be any need for patrols :angry:

that is a stonker bass dude. well done. and congrats on the pb.

great piccys

this wbb seems to be getting out of hand. there not just up your way ay there down here as well also rapping the system.i dont think it will be to much longer before its more than just the fisheries being called. sport fishos have had a gut full of this crap.should hear they way some of em talk its scary.keep ya cool fellas before it ends in a blood bath.

mick

All good Mick, nothing physical comming from here. Just upsets me that they can make a guy with one line in the water feel so uncomfortable that he has to leave. I quess we just have to play the "better person" role and maybe increase the number of calls made to fisheries. If they get called everyday by anyone who feels pissed off they surely they cant ignore us - power in numbers!!

• 1 month later...

the problem with that albert is that if this location is continued to be written about then everyone learns about it. it has already been featured in many articles and the spot has seen the number of anglers fishing there sky rocket. its a great thing your doing, however perhaps the most effective way to slow the white bucket brigade is by keeping the spot (somewhat) secret

the problem with that albert is that if this location is continued to be written about then everyone learns about it. it has already been featured in many articles and the spot has seen the number of anglers fishing there sky rocket. its a great thing your doing, however perhaps the most effective way to slow the white bucket brigade is by keeping the spot (somewhat) secret

Excactly, one way to keep the fish from being wiped out is to keep your lip well and truly zipped.

Archived