Outboard serial number

matsmad

My Yammy 70 is missing the plate with the serial number etc on it. My insurance company wont insure it as a result. But my outboard mechanic tells me that the insurance company should issue me with a new serial number. Ive never heard of this happening. Can someone shed some light on the subject for me ;)

I had a similar problem with my little boat, and overcame it in a way only a PM could fix it. I hope you're not as dodgy as I am Mick!

hey :whistle: no way not me :silly:

no dodgyness going on here.all above board just gota think outside the square to achieve an outcome thats all :) cant let all the trade secrets outa the bag :P

all is not lost here buddy, there will be a welsh plug on the top of your block of the motor, you will see numbers stamped into it, this is your engine number also. this has been the case for years now , and if thats missing i would be getting very sus.

Thanks. Will have a look ;)

I had a look at the motor tonight. I could not see a welsh plug of any sort on the motor, unless its hidden behind the oil bottle or under the flywheel. Tho I did see a 6 digit number stuck on the top of the block that resembles a serial number. I used that and google and come up with:

70 AETO 6H3 L (serial) Y

70 hp, A series, E for electric start, T for tilt trim, O for oil injection, 6H3## stamped on most parts, L for long shaft and Y for 2000 model. Howz that look? :cheer:

Archived