tacklebox

Decided to have a lazy troll at Hinze today. The score was 3-0 to Kreel before I got on the board. The first few were under 30 but then we found some bigger ones with the biggest going 38.5cm. We got scared by the sound of thunder and left them biting. Final tally was Kreel 8 bass, Tbox 4 bass and 1 grunter.

post-2560-144598559406_thumb.jpg

First one

post-2560-144598559411_thumb.jpg

Second

post-2560-144598559415_thumb.jpg

Third

post-2560-144598559418_thumb.jpg

Finally one for me

post-2560-144598559432_thumb.jpg

Giving Kreel a bit of curry

post-2560-144598559435_thumb.jpg

A bit proud of this one. Can't see the bday pressie I got him. Stradic Ci4 1000.

post-2560-144598559437_thumb.jpg

Biggest B)

post-2560-14459855944_thumb.jpg

Damaged tail

What's the deal with hinze?? is it for real boats with real motors too ??? Or just leccy and yak only?

Yep, leccy only but it's pretty rough for boaties due to the all the construction they're doing. Both new ramps won't be open until the water increases to the new levels. There are two temporary boat ramps (one on either arm). I can't speak for the Eastern ramp but we launch from the Western ramp and it's gravel with not much of a slope. It looked like boaties put in over the side where there's a drop off. There's also an exclusion zone around the dam wall so you can't get from one arm to the other.

See map

To top it off you also need a special fishing permit, which you can only buy from the 3 locations listed on the page below. It's $5 for a weekly or $40 for an annual permit.

Hinze fishing permits

All that said, it's a ripper of a dam. :)

It was a great little session, as tBox said I decided to head back when tBox started catching the big ones when the weather started to close in.

The catching didn't stop there though, my tally was on 8 or so Bass for the day then later that night, while tucked away in bed, I heard all this commotion down stairs and went down to investigate.

An OWL decided to roost in our ceiling and couldn't get out. We live in an apartment with a 20 - 30 foot ceiling so getting him out wasn't easy, let alone catching it. I didn't even know what bait was best, an overhead or a spin, what pound line, leader or no leader, wire or mono. What's the legal size for OWL? How do you cook one - bread crumbs, batter, bake?

All too many options so my tackle included:

• a pillow tossed close but not at it, to get it to move.

• an old sheet to net the beast.

• a box to stop it biting me.

• a small sheet of MDF to close the box.

The plan worked the mighty beast subdued safely and unharmed (it and me) and due to no knowledge of legal sizes I decide to release it. I will consult with the appropriate government agencies and get my owl guide ready for my next session.

NO OWLS WERE HARMED DURING THE WRITING OF THIS POST. TACKLEBOX WAS ONLY SLIGHTLY SCARED AND ONLY SQUEALED A BIT.

Photos:

post-2889-144598560249_thumb.jpg

The culprit roosting, ready to pounce.

post-2889-14459856026_thumb.jpg

A close-up, sorry no brag-mat photos.

Archived