Santa brought me a new GT Pb for Xmas

PlasticFantastic

Original plan for this morning was to go yakking at Hinze Dam with Flash1980 to see if we could get some Bass but after a work injury he was out of action and so was the yak plan. Thankfully On-The-Chew was keen for a pop at the Sevens as the weather looked the goods and we hadn't been out in a while the call was made to be at his place at 3.30am. Arrived at the bar at about 5.00 and crossed out the Amity channel without drama and headed for the Sevens. We first first there and were keen to get our first drift sorted before the army of trollers arrived. On board were to heavy GT popping combos and one 10kg plastics outfit which I was using with a Daiwa Overthere Stickbait. First drift and Lanks was harassed by a sizable Spaniard that took to the air trying to engulf the lure but missed the hooks. Second drift and the same happens again and this Mac is leaping like a Dolphin trying to eat this lure likes it's last meal but due to the size of the lure and the hooks there hard to pin. Me standing there watching with my plastics combo fired the stickbait in the area of the Mac and twitched it tight and BANG i'm on. Sweet I thought i've scored a Spaniard but it ran hard at first and then settled under the boat in a holding pattern, after a brief struggle I got him to the surface and up came a GT my biggest yet going 10kg. Not the biggest GT for the boat but a new pb for me none the less.:woohoo:

Action shot

After the trollers set in the looping patterns we left and headed for Tugger Rock as there were reports of some bigger Kingfish there earlier in the week. Tried there for a while but no interest. Moved over to the Group and has some success there with a GT going about 4kg a couple of small KIngies and Lanks loosing a GT that would have gone about 15kg.

post-5191-14459855946_thumb.jpg

The Group GT

All in all another good day out with On-The-Chew Charters;)

Cheers

PlasticFantastic

post-5191-144598559452_thumb.jpg

Angus I wasn't aware Trevally were FOTM so no brag mat shot unfortunately. As for On-The-Chew charters it's a bit of a inhouse joke among friends;) that he should run a charter as he always puts us onto good fish and people pay alot of money to chase big GT's up north and they're right on our doorstep to be caught if you have the gear and know how to target them. Also below is a photo of the favoured GT/Mac lure with a few teeth marks in it from yesterday, you should be able to see them if you zoom in.

post-5191-144598559533_thumb.jpg

Cheers

PlasticFantastic

Mark,

Well done, good to see you finally get into the double digits. Still it doesn't get you a sticker on the boat, it is still a MT (mini trevally) not a GT (Giant Trevally) :lol: Spaniards love those stick baits, GT's love them too (profile picture). Are trevally really FOTM Angus, spewin we didn't know, when does it finish up. If your keen for a run off shore your welcome to come along, I have trouble getting people sometimes. Next time Mark I will try and get you a real GT, if your gear is up to it ;) Fitting trips in around work at the moment is the hard thing, but will get you one by the end of summer.

Andrew

Mark,

Well done, good to see you finally get into the double digits. Still it doesn't get you a sticker on the boat, it is still a MT (mini trevally) not a GT (Giant Trevally) :lol: Spaniards love those stick baits, GT's love them too (profile picture). Are trevally really FOTM Angus, spewin we didn't know, when does it finish up. If your keen for a run off shore your welcome to come along, I have trouble getting people sometimes. Next time Mark I will try and get you a real GT, if your gear is up to it ;) Fitting trips in around work at the moment is the hard thing, but will get you one by the end of summer.

Andrew

Mate would love a trip!

Talk soon.

Angus

Archived