Main beach LB

Keen-as-fisho

Dad and I headed down the coast yesterday afternoon to do a bit of surf fishing. We arrived at our usual spot a bit early for school holidays 330pm, people swimming and surfers every where so we headed to the seaway to waste some time. We still had our tailor setups from winter so just used that with butterflied pilchards. First cast beside the pipe I got a nice jewwy at about 55cm, way under so held it up to show the tourist and dad then let it swim away. I had plenty of bites which was good considering the boat traffic, dad got a snag on the first cast and gave up.

At 530 we headed back to our spot and setup. Using butterflied pillies and an old tailor I had left over. Didn't take long to get a hit on the tailor fillet, funnily enough it was another tailor (not the big jew I was hoping for). Dads rod buckled over and he got another tailor and then we had a good run on the tailor with about ten landed with only two under size. Very good productive night. I didn't bother taking the camera so no pics.

Nice Dennis, gotta love a feed of tailor! What surf setup are you running mate?

Very basic outfit for snap decisions like last night, old silstar 2 peice surf rod 12 foot roughly, penn aplause 8000 with 20lb (40 bucks from kmart 8 years ago)

I have two other surf combos, Heavy old kiwi rod, nearly 30 years old, with penn 6500 reel, 25lb and same rod with fin nor 8000 offshore, 50lb braid for heavy stuff like sharks.

nice one Den.. is it the same tactics as every other beach? look for the gutters and just ping your lines out??

Its funny you very rarely see any fisho's on the gold coast beaches....

Basically.

We have a spot near main beach that has had a long deep gutter for about 6 months now and everytime we have fished it we've caught fish.

The beach fishos come out at night

Archived