ryanyoung

G'day all,

Went for another hit-out in the fresh yesterday afternoon/night with Angrybundybear. I have been haunting the fresh a fair bit in order to try for my 50+cm bass before the new year lol.

I arrived at about 1645 to find Ben already flicking lures and got straight into it, and managed an okay bass on about the third cast (accompanied by profanities from Ben ha ha ha). From there, the bass hit sporadically over the next three hours, with a lot of interest in the lures, but from rat bass I think, as there were many failed hook-ups. The surface was a bit quieter last night also, with only two fish taken on poppers, both R2S bubble-pops.

My highlight happened whilst there was still a bit of daylight, hooking up to this bass, and originally calling it for a yella, as it dove deep and was stubborn as, but on reeling him in, found that my first treble was in his mouth, but the second one had fouled near his gill. He went 49.4cm......6mm shy of my wishlist bass (wasn't Ben laughing at that :evil: ).

Ben managed a solid bass going 47cm from the surface, with another couple of big hits missing the popper. The final tally for the night was 5-1, weather stayed pretty good, although lacked the humidity for great fishing, pretty entertaining night and good company.

Cheers for coming along Ben, will hit it up again very soon.

Cheers,

Ryan.

post-5695-144598560636_thumb.jpg

6mm.......Size does matter :silly:

post-5695-144598560641_thumb.jpg

Ben's from the surface.

Ryan I admire your truthfullness, the over 50cm models will come in good time, especialy the way you are getting into your freshwater fishing.

Dino

Cheers Dino, as Dennis said, it gives me one more reason to go back and hit them up again lol, on top of the main reason.....The fact that freshwater fishing is the most peaceful around, with nil motors and other noise to annoy.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Congrats on the PB Ryan :woohoo: . They r only gonna get bigger for u bro. On the subject of freshwater (sorry to highjack your thread mate :whistle: ) but I have driven over a few rivers since bein in NZ and have slowed down to look and with the comment to my wife "Im sure theres trout in there" :laugh: :laugh: . Im hoping to get a bit of fly fishing in while here as the weather is perfect :woohoo:

Kiwi ;)

Archived