The Passion of the Crab.

Bluevien

It was Christmas eve eve eve and 2 and a half men had a dream. They dreamed of serving freshly caught mud crabs to their families on Christmas lunch.

Armed with only the smell of an oily 2 stroke rag, 8 crab pots, 3 kilos of chicken frames and passion, they wandered into the wilderness called the Pine River.

36 hours later they emerged, one had spilled blood, another had sacrificed a crab pot to the debris gods and the other just sat there eating chips yelling out when another log approached but he did a good job.

Was it worth it? Well, each pot yielded 6 crabs per lift, most oversized jennies or undersized bucks with the net result being this -

Pinerivermuddy004.jpg

With another 24 hours left of our journey, we hope the seas part and the burning bush appears otherwise I hope someone can turn water into wine because I ain't sharing my crab.

I threw this one in because people enjoy seeing pain plus the missus doesn't appreciate it whenver I show her my booboo.

Pinerivermuddy008.jpg

Happy Christmas everyone and keep away from those nipper.... they damn well hurt!!!

Rob

Pulled my pots earlier in the week,same result as you,but minus the keeper :laugh: I can relate to the finger,fast little buggers if your not 100% concentrating :pinch:

With more substantial rain expected,I`ll wait untill in the New Year and see how it`s going,then I`ll start dropping pots in the deep holes if the creeks have settled a bit.

Archived