Boxing Day Fishing - Hells yeah!

Angus

Well while the rest of Brisbane either nursed Christmas hangovers or watched the cricket, Do$stylz, Danny and I decided we would try and risk the rain and head for a plastics session at Wello! We were the 2nd trailer there and saw bugger all boats launch for the rest of the day.

It was amazing.

Glassy conditions and mostly dry weather made it an awesome day.

We even believe the heavy cloud cover prolonged the bite and didnt even give us much rain.

Could not have been more perfect.

A lot of fish were caught, and even more dropped as we were being a bit silly (and will again) with ultra light gear, mainly our 1000 reels (Stellas, Exists and Stradics) with 4lb and 6lb braids.

So much happened its hard to give a coherant picture so ill let the photo's do the talking...

Pre Dawn Grassy

post-63-144598561453_thumb.jpg

Danny is on!

post-63-14459856146_thumb.jpg

First legal squire of the day at 36cm. (Mind you I got my arse handed to me just before this).

post-63-144598561466_thumb.jpg

Moses.

post-63-14459856147_thumb.jpg

54cm Bar Tail Flatty. I used to this species only in miniature so this was sweet.

post-63-144598561475_thumb.jpg

More grassy.

post-63-144598561479_thumb.jpg

My fish of the day! 45cm's of snapper on 4lb! Woot!

post-63-144598561484_thumb.jpg

I wondered why this guy gave up half way :P

post-63-144598561491_thumb.jpg

Good to meet you plasticfantastic as well!

Angus

Awsome stuff there guys the only thing i caught today was more debt picked up 2 of Zimmans ultr light damiki angel ex rods one for me and one for my dad also a 2500 stadic to go on my Shimano jewel (so my stradic 1000 that was on the jewel can go on the Angel ex) and around 5 packs of armour shads and a sienna 1000 for dads Angel ex, cant wait to get out and give it a crack...

Awsome stuff there guys the only thing i caught today was more debt picked up 2 of Zimmans ultr light damiki angel ex rods one for me and one for my dad also a 2500 stadic to go on my Shimano jewel (so my stradic 1000 that was on the jewel can go on the Angel ex) and around 5 packs of armour shads and a sienna 1000 for dads Angel ex, cant wait to get out and give it a crack...

If it makes you feel any better all my better fish today were caught on 3 Inch Armour Shads :)

My absolute favourite plastics for the last few months with no close 2nds...

Angus

Good 'ol Wello, love it. I always prefere fishing there on an over cast/wet day. Good to see you guys got onto a few, shame you didn't land the toothy that ate the mosses :laugh:

Actually we caught another moses and tried to do just that however the life bait was very lively and bricked us :pinch:

Angus

just converting the video now to load up.

kmcrosby, mate we just went out and found some water where it went from about 7/6m to 3.5m over a 200m drift. Honestly quite close to the shore.

Angus forgot to mention we went through the Raby Bay canals as well... got 1 small bream on a popper right where I called for one too. haha. The fishing on 4lb/4lb was quite frustrating for me. Kept getting busted off even whe playing them lightly....6lb next time :)

just converting the video now to load up.

kmcrosby, mate we just went out and found some water where it went from about 7/6m to 3.5m over a 200m drift. Honestly quite close to the shore.

Angus forgot to mention we went through the Raby Bay canals as well... got 1 small bream on a popper right where I called for one too. haha. The fishing on 4lb/4lb was quite frustrating for me. Kept getting busted off even whe playing them lightly....6lb next time :)

Ah yeah, sorry forgot about Raby Bay. Potential.

Thanks for the comments guys.

This would have to be one of my favourite types of fishing.

Light gear plastics and solid fish.

Angus

That's big for a bar tail ! :woohoo: I've caught quite a few at Wello. Must be a favourite hangout.

Seems the weather was kinder to you than it appeared from my window :)

I expect we'll see pics of the squire in a recipe post soon ? :P

Ok mate.

Squire with a lemon aoli on a butter bean salad. Not to much green stuff :P

post-63-144598561598_thumb.jpg

Great work there fellas, good to see the odd fishing report amongst this foul weather :)

Cheers,

Ryan.

Funnily enough mate, for anyone that was bothered to be on the bay, it was stunning weather,

Grey skies sure, but we prob had 30 minutes of drizzle for 8 hours of none.

Worthy ratio id say :)

Angus

Top stuff guys always good fun using light gear. Angus are you still keen for BP dam sometime in the newyears. me and dad are fine to tow the boat there as long as it dose not clash with one of my cricket days. Water has been flowing into the dam for a few days now which will cover most of the weed beds that i was fishing with like 20ft of water. I might be heading there sometime soon to see if anythings changed anyway.

Archived