Hitting the claw

crazywalrus

Went out yesterday with MickFillet to hit up the redclaw at NPD. It was great getting out again with you Mick. We put the first pots in around 8 and pulled them each hour until 6. We ended up with about 40 litres of claw tails. An excellent day out. My Boating permit is really to paying off. We also saw a few lungfish surface around the boat. We noticed a boney bream floundering on the surface and we investigated. Not sure if it was a Bass or Bird that got this one.

post-7418-144598562284_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598562296_thumb.jpg

was yet another fantastic outing. and i meen fantastic !!!!! cheers again Ted.

pitty we had no hook ups on the bass. a few strkes from some aggresive little gar that was it.

we spooked a toga up one of the many fingers in the dam that was epic, was awsome to see the masive water displacment on the surface we left the toga alone with our lures.the redclaw more important :woohoo:

well my new favorite redclaw bait aint rockmelon any more. learnt alot of new neat little tricks to do with redclawing awsome stuff thanks for sharing the knowledge.

cheers mick

well my new favorite redclaw bait aint rockmelon any more. learnt alot of new neat little tricks to do with redclawing awsome stuff thanks for sharing the knowledge.

cheers mick

Mate it was good to get out there. I was just passing on the newly attained knowledge from "Ray the redclaw legend"

Looks like you guys had a good outing today Ray. Looks like some good sizes in the ones you for today. Any fish about?

Yeah Robin you can use a boat or a yak on the lake. It cost $100 which is the same as Somerset for the year. Great value given how easy these Claw are to catch. :woohoo: :laugh: B)

• 3 weeks later...

post-8827-144598567881_thumb.jpg

Firstly a quick hi to all - I'm new on the site, secondly, went up to NPD for a first time look yesterday... wanted a bass but threw some nets in aswell as a back up plan (luckily for me). I managed about 80 odd redclaw, among them some of the biggest i've ever seen!!

must be all the extra water.....

"Firstly a quick hi to all - I'm new on the site, secondly, went up to NPD for a first time look yesterday... wanted a bass but threw some nets in aswell as a back up plan (luckily for me). I managed about 80 odd redclaw, among them some of the biggest i've ever seen!!

must be all the extra water....."

If you have a boating permit, I hope you got all that from the bank and didn't launch a boat as SEQ water has banned all on water activities at present and the PRFMA has advised all permit holders accordingly.

Luc

"Firstly a quick hi to all - I'm new on the site, secondly, went up to NPD for a first time look yesterday... wanted a bass but threw some nets in aswell as a back up plan (luckily for me). I managed about 80 odd redclaw, among them some of the biggest i've ever seen!!

must be all the extra water....."

If you have a boating permit, I hope you got all that from the bank and didn't launch a boat as SEQ water has banned all on water activities at present and the PRFMA has advised all permit holders accordingly.

Luc

As a recent arrival from SA and also from reading redslayer's other posts, I'm pretty sure he has no boat here at the moment nor a permit.

Is fishing landbased still OK with the mighty ?

Yes Luc - you may rest easy as they were all from the bank.

On another note perhaps you can explain to me how someone might go about obtaining a boating permit and what sort of vessels may be used under such a permit?

Cheers.

Been looking into it myself.

Basically $100, no petrol engines.

Check out prfma.com.au

All details for the permit here
/>http://www.prfma.com.au/C_-_Information_Paper_2010-11_.pdf

Went to the PRFMA meeting tonight hoping to get an update on the access but decided to leave early due to the storms.

Would be nice to be able to use boats on Oz day next week.

If not, I'll probably do an early morning walk & fish along the bank and soak some traps for redclaws.

Luc

Archived