Stradiebrad does Palmy

tugger

We decided to give the palm beach reef a little hit thursday arvo in between my shifts at work as brad was itching to get some mackies. The tide was flooding so the bar was flat and outside had less than half a meter of swell with a bit of slop from 15 knots of breeze. The good thing about this reef is you only travel for 5 minutes to get to it but we got side tracked on the way with some feeding birds . My son brock and brad stahrowing slugs at the fish we could see while i drove the boat , they both hooked up with brad getting 1 nearly to the boat till the hook staightened.

The decision was made to anchor after around 15minutes of chasing birds so we headed off to my usual spot on the reef and it is good not to have to battle to get a spot out there. We were only 1 of 2 boats fishing there in the arvo and after short while we started to get strikes with us slowly getting a few spotties into the box. They were on the small size but still plenty of fun on spin gear using floating pillies as baits and brad got a few to follow the slugs again. Brad got a spot up to the boat foul hooked with the slug but it was only lightly hooked and lost it beside the boat.

In the end we managed 5 spotties in the box and lost about 4 on slugs and 5 on baits not a bad way to spend an arvo on the goldie

good stuff mark and brad

Hey Tugger... how deep is the water there??

I hit Tally creek the other day with Angus and it was chocolate milk and the bar was horrendous.

I think I might try and score some mackie out of my boat sometime.. just gotta find them somewhere..

henry i think we should tee up a boat convoy of sorts for the little boats... sunday morning looks good at the mo

good stuff mark and brad

Hey Tugger... how deep is the water there??

I hit Tally creek the other day with Angus and it was chocolate milk and the bar was horrendous.

I think I might try and score some mackie out of my boat sometime.. just gotta find them somewhere..

henry i think we should tee up a boat convoy of sorts for the little boats... sunday morning looks good at the mo

Henry/Eug,

Monday is looking slightly better at the moment, which is the day im going out, I'm only in a 4.2 tinnie, high tide around 5 to 7am is good and the bar is flat, go to be earlt thou.

Mark,Brock,Brad,

Great job well done.

yer its was a good arvo bash thinkin of going tomorrow down that way or of moreton and have a bash at the beacons.brad

spotties at palmy have been pretty quiet the last two days - the size has been dropping too for a week or so.

I am sure they will show again, but who knows what day that will be?

marty

Archived