Last bass for 2010

Dinodadog

Nice youngster bass.

I just came back from my last session for the year. Walked the banks at Kurwongbah for 8 bass to 29 cms.

First thing in the morning I'll be going out for my first bass session of 2011.

It's been my personal tradition for the last ten years or do to have a bass session on 31/12 and 01/01.

Luc

Well done dino, im going to add mine to this thread as Ryan Young gave me a bell yesterday to go and hit the fresh so he could try and get his 50cm bass before the year was out, unfortunatly for Ryan he had a donut and i caught the one Bass at 47cm took a pic but in my haste to get him back in the water didn't save it properly was fairly slow going with multiple changes of lures for no taps and was luckyy to get my last Bass for 2010..

That is a much better way to finish the year than me Dino, I ended with two donuts from an early morning session and a late session. The fish are becoming harder to find, as conservatively I reckon two hundred bass are taken from my local every day......and that is only calculating the legal fish......The unofficial tally would be at least double that I would say. Should unleash this mob onto the tilapia lol, they would get rid of them in a matter of days ha ha ha!!!!

Cheers,

Ryan.

Unfortunately Ryan, this problem won't go away and is almost impossible to combat. One thing I do which a lot of people don't agree with, I fish an awful lot and I guess I catch a respectable amount, but I've learned to keep my locations a secret. I very rarely do reports anymore and if I do I'll give false info on the locale to keep them from the harvesters. Photos are taken carefully as to not include too much background....blacked out shots are not allowed on the site but I must say I get nervous putting any photo on here knowing the WBB are watching and licking their greasy lips !

Just think, that first little fella I caught this morning would have gone straight into one of the white buckets if they came across it.

Archived