Rod Repair =(

Clevo_31

Well, me in a brilliant streak of idiocy decided a few weeks ago that my rod tip would be a good tool to use to remove a bream snagged on the pontoon underneath me... turns out this was NOT such a good idea, and resulted in a broken rod tip and loss of bream =(. After a great deal of cursing and moping, I overcame the desire to drown myself and fixed the tip by glueing on a new guide....

As it turns out, the tip had fractured in another place, so the next time I cast my rod, the tip came off AGAIN!!!!! More cursing followed, and I very nearly jumped in the water with my trousers filled with sinkers....

So now my Trion Tournament has been shortened by 6 inches or so, but it isn't making a whole lot of difference to the casting so I would like to get the last guide removed and replaced with a proper tip so I can keep using it till I have the money to get something better.

Does anybody know of or is a good rod-repairer on the southside around the redlands area? About how much will it cost me? I have the card of John who runs a tackle store at the carara markets, and was thinking of going through him though its a fair drive for me (any excuse to get to those markets and have a crack at the goldie canals =p). Has anybody had any experience with him?

Thanks in advance =)

Jordan

Not from the southside area but I broke my rod similar curcumstances, took it to a local shop here at Noosa and they repaired it with a new tip for only $10. there was an old thread about it at the time with several people discussijg rod repairs so if you do a search you may be able to fing it, hope it helps

Dave

Like all things in life there are usually a number of options

if your often prone to having this "brillant streak of idiocy", glue another tip on your self. :blink:

if these brillant streaks of idiocy steer you to self termination desires, look for another interest that does not involve handling sharp objects (hooks,knives/gaffs etc) :whistle:

other wise like daveylad said,most tackle shops will do it for $10/20 :)

Haha Gad I was only half joking about drowning myself =p. I enjoy fishing far too much to give it up, and besides, I have to do something in between work and sleep hehe.

I would fix it myself but there is no room to just glue another tip on as it has snapped off right near the next guide. I would like to have the guide removed and a new tip placed on, and I've no trust of myself to do that lol.

Might try as Ashhley suggested, I bought it there anyway...

Thanks guys for the help =)

Jordan

Archived