New to Kayak fishing

AngryBundyBear

I like Cabbage Tree Creek there are KM's of water to explore and corners to duck around if the wind is up. It's also close to home for me, has lots of moored boats and depth changes to fish. It's also worth lauching in your favourite bass hole too :) I prob spend most of my Yak time between those two locations locally, or Clear Island Waters on the Gold Coast. Coomera and Jacobs Well have some great areas to explore too.

I'm keen to explore the canals at Redcliffe (Newport Waters) this year, but have not been there in the yak yet.

the main boat ramp next to the Yacht Club. It's got lots of parking, a gravel area for launch / retrieve next to the ramp proper. It also has Fish cleaning facilities and a toilet block. NOTE there are areas near by that are GREEN ZONES (no fishing)

Directly accross from the ramp is a creek mouth. This creek (Nundah Crk) is a no fishing zone, so stick to the main Creek (Cabbage Tree) and turn right to head inland or out towards the bay to the left.

I've fished Newport waters about 4 or 5 times. The first time I got lucky and found trevally at the mouth and picked up 2 in the mid 40's. Since then all I've managed is smallish bream and lots of undersize moses perch.

There is a good launching point near the roundabout at the junction of Boardman and Griffith Roads. You can park within 30 metres of the water and launch from a good pebbly beach.

Nice and sheltered waterway, even in a howling southeaster.

I've fished Newport waters about 4 or 5 times. The first time I got lucky and found trevally at the mouth and picked up 2 in the mid 40's. Since then all I've managed is smallish bream and lots of undersize moses perch.

There is a good launching point near the roundabout at the junction of Boardman and Griffith Roads. You can park within 30 metres of the water and launch from a good pebbly beach.

Nice and sheltered waterway, even in a howling southeaster.

hey Tangles, thanks for that info, I was wondering where to launch from so that is a great help.

Let me know when next you are heading there and want some company, hope to see you there.

rod

Archived