xerubus

Hi everyone.

Obviously I'm new here. Recently moved back to SE Qld and now based at Sandstone Point, near Bribie Island. Loving being back, and loving being close to my old fish stomping grounds :)

Primarily I'm a surf fisherman, but as of two days ago I have been giving the SP's a try. Still not completely convinced, but having a bit of fun with the 3\" Berkley Powerbait minnows in pumpkinseed. So far only managed a handful of pike, but hey... they are great for fresh bait ;)

I'm looking pretty seriously at getting a viking tempo fisherman II, but still working on the Minister for War and Finance on that one B) So far my argument is that it will help me get fitter, maybe help me give up the ciggies, and let me spend some quality time on the water with my kids. Next step is to see if there is anything in the Geneva convention that will help my cause :laugh:

Anyhow... looking forward to meeting a few of you guys/gals around the traps. Have a good one.

cheers

-Mark

Mate welcome to the site!

Plastics work a treat mate. The secret is getting a few good fish on the and then youll be hooked. I prefer hard bodies personally though :)

And hey if yuou get a Yak, Ningi creek just round the corner, awesome yakking ground :)

Angus

thanks guys.

angus... ningi creek is exactly what i'm thinking. i'll be happy just to get to the oyster leases at the mouth :)

plastic man ... i'm still experimenting with different retrieves and techniques. at this stage i'm fishing quite light as i'd rather have a good fight on light line. using 2kg main line, and a 2kg fleurocarbon leader. using 1/12 tt jigheads. wanted to go lighter, however the amount of current around the passage needed a tad more weight. we'll see how it goes.. still experimenting and reading through tips on the forums.

have a good one.

cheers

Hi mate.

Usually spend quite a bit of time at Skirmish Point with my Gary Howard Chopper Special rod and Alvey 6500bcv reel. When i want to do 'real' surf fishing I like to go up towards the mouth of the Maroochy river.

cheers

Awesome mate.

Just curious.

I was raised on surf fishing.

Although i love to dabble in everything these days ill always take the time when around the beach to try catching a work or two and getting the 12 footer and my alvey out.

Angus

Archived