How much will you spend on fishing gear in 2011 ?

ellicat

How much will you spend on fishing gear ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you spend on fishing gear ?

• Less than $100
    • $100 - $500
    • $500 -$1,000
    • $1,000- $2,000
    • More than $2,000

excluding petrol motors, boats, canoes, kayaks, water vessels of any type whose main purpose is to carry a person or persons, shacks by the sea, bush shantys and lean-to's, dwelling houses, tents, caravans, campers and any other unit of housing, both 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles, vehicles with more than 4 wheels, unicycles, manual and machine driven vehicles and ostriches or other animals that can be ridden or used to as beasts of burden to pull a sled or other device to manoeuvre the angler to a fishing place?

At the moment, nothing over $500 for an individual piece or item.

In the last few days since Christmas I've spent over $200 on Lures.

$300 and something on Heartland XA

$160 on two spools of Castaway PE

$69 on a Sienna

$30 on some Platil braid

Coupla spools of Sunline Rockfish fluro carbon

Annnnd I think thats close to covering it all.

Oh, and a TD sol rod just before Xmas.

And just before Xmas I helped myself to a TD sol rod.

Now, I just have to catch more fish to justify this spending spree.....

Id like to think under $2000... Na I dont :)

To be realistic once you add up the little things, plastics, jig heads, braid etc the price tag jumps without even realising it!

Add to that a couple of inevitable luxury items (new reel or whatever) and it will hit that mark for sure.

Angus

I think the interesting part of this survey is the market clout that AFO represents in tackle purchasing power. I'm keen to see the final figures and work out the upper and lower dollar amounts we expect to spend as a group.

Interesting.

Good idea, il star the ball rolling. 6 bream lures 111.80 and keep a rolling totall for the yeah hey whoopf forget a sounder as well for 400 so tatall is $511,80 and counting

I set mine at $500 to $1000...this is based on initial spending this month on lures from Zimman, and maybe one of those el-cheapo baitcasters that BCF is flogging off this fortnight for this month alone around $100, and about $35 average p/mth . But the plan is to pick up a boat this year, so if that happens, I can see my fishing tackle purchases directly corresponding with my boating expenses :blush: .

^^ thats some good control there mac... it only gets worse from here.

mate

i only planned on having a look as i have not been there before.driven passed it lots of times.work was a little slow today and i had to see a customer out that way

thats the story that i am sticking to it :laugh:

More than $2,000 27 39.1%

if there is this many people spending this much ,it meant they have to much money or no bad habits .

bad habits like drinking and smoking .

smoking 7500.00 a year that a 40 pack a day .

drinking 5200.00 a year ,that's 2 x 34 $ bottle of sprits and 32$ carton of beer a week .

dam i should give up smoking and drinking .

i could then buy 2000$ of fishing gear and a new car and boat .

• 2 months later...
excluding petrol motors, boats, canoes, kayaks, water vessels of any type whose main purpose is to carry a person or persons, shacks by the sea, bush shantys and lean-to's, dwelling houses, tents, caravans, campers and any other unit of housing, both 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles, vehicles with more than 4 wheels, unicycles, manual and machine driven vehicles and ostriches or other animals that can be ridden or used to as beasts of burden to pull a sled or other device to manoeuvre the angler to a fishing place?

There's a few exclusions on the non-exhaustive exclusions list :lol:

i spent $2500 last week alone stockin up on hard badies, sp's, rods and reels, sharking tackle and normal tackle and still need to pay for the work thats getting done on my boat at present. and thats not inclueding what i have spent already this year. besides fuel and regos for 2 boats i think i would spend around 10k min. i dont smoke anymore, quit 7 months ago, and drinking, cant touch the stuff cause of a very bad experance 10 yrs ago that left me in an induced comer. i feel the only resion i can get away with it atm is that i dont have any kids yet, i do have a morgage but i have the best fiance in the world that loves going fishing as much as i do.

Archived