Hervey Bay Report

RUSSIAN

I had just come back from hervey bay yesterday, and i'll just mention the water is so brown it's not funny. It was diffucult to hook into a few fish, although I did managr a little bit of success. The first few days, were spent lazing around, cos it was just raining all day :( :( :( . But it then cleared up on wednesday, so decided to go for a flick, with some plastics in pulgul creek. I lost about 5 plastics all up :whistle: , but i did mannage a 50cm+ flathead. My mate chris had the leader, and he had touched the fish, but then the 8lb line snapped. I could not believe it!!!!! So no photo of that fish, but my dad did get a photo of the fight. It was caught on a pink berkley powebait soft plastic. Then my mate chris, caught an estuary cod, about 20cm. After fishing the creek, we went over to eli creek to get some yabbies for tomorrows fishing. All up we got about 60 yabbies. Eli creek was pretty dry, and i was surprised about that because, 2 days before we came down for a drive, and the entrence (the bitchuman road) was completely under water. Any way, day 2 of fishing- we decided to go onto the groyne (the small pier closest to the urangan pier) My mate from school caught a small 15cm+ tarwine, but that was about it. Also, a big fish was shadowing my slug lure. that fishing session wasn't very successful. Any way, on sunday, chris decided to take us on his boat. We went around little woody island. Chris got absolutely smashed by a mackere. Then it started to rain, so we went back to the mouth of pulgul creek and did somje flicking with plastics and lures. A huge barra left the water, but we didn't catch him. We fishied for about an hour and a half without any success. So that concludes my hervey bay report, hopefully i can get back up there on the easter holidays, and this time the fishing is more hot. Thanks

Ps i'll add some photos when the camera is found :whistle:

Eli is fairly tidal, low tide you can walk out along the flats, high tide another story, Eli creek rd is always iffy (even when theres been no rain) being fairly swampy...good spot on low tide for yabbies but the midgies are a killer.

Hopefully the whole lot clears up in the next couple of weeks, I'm fanging for some decent catches again.

yeah the urangan pier produced absolutely nothin while i was up there, not even a single bream. The only thing saw someone catch (hook ) was a massive stingray. The dude reckoned it would of been 150kg. But it broke him off, as he went under the pier. At least it was something...................

i came back from hervey bay about two weeks ago, i fished woodgate beach, urangan pier,river heads,gatakers bay, elis creek,burrum river, and i did not get a single fish, the locals said that nobody had been catching any fish cos of all the fresh, so i will be going up there again some time,

Cheers Corey

Well I went out with the kakoda prerigged plastics around lunch time, and also just over an hour ago and managed to pick up a 60 cm Flathead at my sweet spot on the incoming tide, hopefuly a sign of things to come, but they say more rain over the next few days so will keep you guys posted. Outside of my catch, I havent heard many (any) reports from boaties at the Gatakers ramp.

Jay

Archived