Southport tomorrow

Troy_79

Heys guys going to head down to southport early in the morning for a fish trying a spot where i've had sucess in the past past the seaway towards a sandy beach at the point there. Went there a few days ago but took almost 3hrs to get there thanks to the shitty traffic.

Does anyone know the name of that bait/tackle shop along along the water there as u come off smith street? Just wondering what time they open in the morning im hioping they will be open around 5am but i remember a few years ago they didnt open until 7am. Is there any other places around there that open early? i never take much notice:)

cheers, troy

dunno the name but ive been there at 6am and they werent open yet.. =\

yeah thought so from memory they didnt open until 7.. pretty stupid considering it summer and the sun is up at 5

Hey troy your right where I grew up the locial tackle shop used to open at 3am,but back to the topic if your driving from bris try the gem bait and tackle on the way to jacobs well about ten minutes of the highway and open about 4.30.

Pretty sure I've bought a reel from the shop at 6am after some unknown monster of the broadwater spooled my old 4000 size reel filled with 20lb mono and completely burnt the thing out....

But, I may or may not have been drinking so whether it was 6 or 7 remains to be debated.

But I'm almost certain it's open at six. Maybe only during the holidays or something?

Archived