Picked up the new toy today

Mr FeLiX

After days of extensive searching and many phone calls to dealer after dealer after dealer.... so on, so forth, I finally decided I'd have a look into mercury outboards as the price was attractive to a poorbie like me, along with the list of features and a 5 year warranty.

I sold my 25 tohie via ebay and after raiding the bank, made my way up to coorparoo marine. Damn GPS took me the LOOONG way I swear.

After some good advice, I settled on a 6Hp Merc 2 stroke short shaft which suits my needs well. Looks the goods and I got it for a steal, so very happy.

I can finally get out on the water!! :woohoo:

It'll be pushing my 3.4 mtr stessl and although it wont break any speed records, it'll get me where I need to be. Threw it onto the transom and it looks great, now to mix up the run-in batch of 25-1 and get out there!!

Thanks for reading

Felix

It's got the remote tank Mick, the only brand I found with the cowl tank was the suzuki, namely the df 4 stroke range, up to the 6Hp. Yeah, they gave me a spare plug but I'm going to Bias today and I'll pick up another then. I'll throw up a few piccies when I can, hopefully today.

Thanks for the heads up

Felix

Thanks mate. Yeah, think I'll get all my servicing done there too, only met one of te guys but he knows what he's doing. Just realised I forgot 2 stroke oil... Damn. Anyone know where to get the mercury/quicksilver 2 stroke oil around Logan?

Springwood marine sell the quicksilver oil at the service centre next to the dealership.

Archived