Water clarity down goldy canals?

51MPL

Anyone put in hours lately down there and if so what are the conditions like? just finished work so gonna go nap now and then wake up and decide if i wana head down for a flick..

is there heaps of fresh and dirty water or is the current strong enough to flush most of it away with the tides?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
anyone got any updates as to the water clarity around nerang, coomera and crab island. ?

I had a quick flick before work this morning in the Broadwater. There was a lot of suspended dirt in the water, although this was probably made worse with the large run in tide.

Fishing was slower than usual, although the Trevally were active on bait schools just after first light. Plenty of shows on the sounder but hard to tempt them with lures. Should be reasonable by the weekend (as long as we don't get more rain).

Marty

We've been fishing the coomera nearly everyday since christmas, still really brown so using pretty much just bait, no action on lures to speak of. Lots of catties and plenty of just legal bream about. Also plenty of bullies about. last night was the first time in weeks I've seen bait fish getting smashed every few minutes. Going again tonight for a session armed with my poppers and livies.

i went to crab island, report to follow, water clarity was okay enough to allow quite a few fish to be caught. I drove by the coomera and looked well brown, no rain for another week would see it right i think. i may make a trip down though earlier to see my mates the trevs

Archived