Snapper petition

AZZA

the snapper law has been passed and is now in place, doubt any petition is going to help.

its pissed me off, but we will have to deal with it now!

Yes the closure is in place for this year but if you think that will be it you are dreaming. The clousure will be incresed in duration and the timing will be moved to encompas the prime fishing times. Also other fishing restrictions will come to play, if we dont take this oppertunity to voice our views the Labour will continue to be on their knees at the whim of the greens. The perition is against the permit at a cost reported to be $90 to fish for snapper.

yeah, it is going to have a large impact on the charter business's as it will pretty much cut out fishing for them over the winter months, i belive it will involve alot of fish being thrown back as by catch, and think in deep water what impact that is going to have, alos lowering the bag limit to two fish will cause upgradaing (eg somone catches 2 5cm fish then they get a 70cm fish, one of the 50cm are going to be thrown back dead).

its a serious matter and i dont belive the way that the greens dpi have gone about it. They need to do some serious research to do the right thing about it, but i do belive something does need to be done about the snapper fishery as it has been seriously depleated over the years. These people that make the decisons have probably never been fishing and sit in there office making stupid decisons, as like most people to do with any maritime activity.

just personal opinion i dont belive this petition will do much, but i am siging it myself as to try!

all these new laws are just inticing illegal fishing practices, like $90 to even get a piece of paper to say your allowed to fish for a particular fish species, lmao what a bloody joke. oh wait, thats makes me a semi pro now ? with no bag limit? well i am payin to go catch a certain species of fish, not so different from the commercial sector is it? only i got no paper sayin i am allowed to sell it, but pfft, who really needs a piece of paper down the pub anyways, sell it to some dude drunk enough to give ya more than it's worth lmao:woohoo:

A closed season doesnt seem too bad of an idea. Nor does paying fo a licence as long as the cash goes to right areas.

Im might look more into this, but ive always been for closed/open seasons, as long as they are researched as to when etc first.

it's all well to have a closed time during the spawning time of year, but it means didly sqwat if it is not policed, and with the amount of people out there snapper fishing, they wont police nothin, only gunna find those that they accidently stumble across. thats just the fact. why not be a lil more strict on those illegals fishing in australian waters..... hmmmmm. to hard basket i guess !

i think at the end of the day, the pollies dont give 2 rats about fishermen, or the fishing industry, so i will be going about my own business, why should i worry about them !

I think I am for closed seasons to help protect stocks if the research is right, but to pay per fish permits is a joke. If they wanted jam on their bread and butter, they should have diverted the increased boating rego prices to fisheries instead. I can see that maybe boat licencing will become renewable at cost in the not too distant future to line their pockets. Perhaps they can put a $1 tax on rod purchases to go to fisheries...There are all sorts of ways for them to bring in money without targeting specific species and without targeting one particular group (but heck...I didnt make any of those suggestions...just throwing it out there). The main point is that the majority of us are responsible fishers that enjoy what we do, and as long as the reseach is balanced, and the funds go towards the benefit of all stake holders, we will generaly oblige as long as it is reasonable.

this is a bloody wake up call, SO WAKE THE HELL UP FOR GODS SAKE! it's not about research, or protecting our fish stocks, sh!t, are yous serious, do you think it is for research and protecting the snapper, lmao. too funny if yas do, and no wonder it is what it is today.

the council has just announced to the home owner , that they have an extra month to pay their rates after a bloody disaster, does that not tell you any bloody thing. sh!t wake up ppl !

it's only another way the scare mongers have thought about gettin their hands on our hard earned to give to other bloody countries, F *** them. they can go to hell, i'll never pay for fishing lisencing of any kind here in qld. i'll grab an aboriginal and go with him to feed his family first.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived