first session for 2011

nadders

Hi guys,

havnt been out for ages so decided to suck it up and face the rain as the wind looked pretty good. rivers are out of the question so had to move to new ground and try something different for me,

plan A was find some pelagics around the bay and play with them

did a bit of fishing around the reefs first and found a fair few illegal squires. steve got a pair of sharks on his powerbait which was fun

p1060796v.jpg

p1060795d.jpg

p1060794o.jpg

p1060793w.jpg

soon after the sharks we hit another reefy patch for some mad vermins and decided to go for a pelagic run

put in some km's and found no pelagic activity at all, so we went off to harries to play with some more illegal squires

the little dolphin pellets were climbin all over my threadybuster and the dolphins were having a feast. did manage a nice lil grassy on one drift, jigging a threadybuster around some wire weed

p1060800.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1060798j.jpg

got sick of harries pretty quick and headed over to moreton to look for some pelagics again. nothing on that front again so we packed in and went home.

trip back from moreton was great, flogged over at 45k/hr halfway until we got to the rain front with 20-25kt westerlies for the last 5k of the journey. slow and soaked was the name of the game with very sharp and choppy seas coupled with horizontal rain.

took some photos of the rain front before we got to it, nothing amazing but it looked kinda cool

p1060802.jpg

p1060804x.jpg

p1060805.jpg

thanks for the read and happy new year everybody

cheers

Dan

thanks all

it was actually a very pleasant day on the bay except for 2 showers and the last 5km, otherwise it was pretty much glassed travelled everywhere at 30+k/hr and not too hot cause of the cloud cover. used around 20L of fuel all up too which is not bad for an approx 60km trip

yeah adam its a 4000 branzino (or 3000?) steve will comment further

(he secretly wishes it were a stella ;):P )

thanks all

it was actually a very pleasant day on the bay except for 2 showers and the last 5km, otherwise it was pretty much glassed travelled everywhere at 30+k/hr and not too hot cause of the cloud cover

Its 3000 and i want it BAD would suit my powerjunkie awesome

thanks all

it was actually a very pleasant day on the bay except for 2 showers and the last 5km, otherwise it was pretty much glassed travelled everywhere at 30+k/hr and not too hot cause of the cloud cover. used around 20L of fuel all up too which is not bad for an approx 60km trip

looks awesome!

Not bad.

I've had a few little plastics disappear in rapid time before.... Must be little sharkies.

Looks like a nice day out, I some times prefer it to be cloudy / rainy because there are less people out and I can find fish shallower.

Picked up a couple of those deepthroaters and threadybusters too, can't wait to hook up on 'em.

Better than sitting at home, other than the sharks only decent fish I hooked ran me through the reef and wore through the leader.

The sharks were a bit of a surprise first one had me guessing till it jumped. Feel a bit guilty further reducing the snapper biomass by feeding them to the dolphins :evil: but they beg so nicely for them its hard to refuse. Sorry EPA persons etc. know its naughty but fresh snapper has got to be better than the trawler trash they get for dinner at Tangalooma.

Stellaaahahaha Dan.

Archived