All dams closed to on-water recreation activities

tacklebox

Recreation Update (Tuesday, 11 January 10.30am)

Due to the current weather conditions and flooding in South East Queensland, all Seqwater sites are closed to on-water recreation activities.

Seqwater will reassess this situation as conditions change. Some sites may be re-opened to on-water activities sooner than others, depending on local conditions.

For the latest info check the seqwater website
/>http://www.seqwater.com.au/public/recreation/public-notices-and-safety

Thanks for the heads up guys,I`m at Silkstone (higher area I hope!!!) soon we will have nature imposing a closed to off water recreational activities directive here to. :whistle: :pinch: If it goes pear shape watch the news for a grey headed/bearded guy being winched out with a Maremma under one arm and a boxer x staffy under his the other arm, if I think of it at the time, I`ll wave my feet to you all.:dry:

Depending on which side of Silkstone you are on...as a reference, I saw pic of the Racecourse Hotel from 74 with water to its roof. If your higher between maccas and maybe the bowls club you should be right.

just around the corner,on the slightly higher side near Booval Fair,74 came up to Glebe Rd behind Booval Fair.

everyone one quotes 74 height levels,as a guideline,since 74 major changes have occured on the land,A lot of housing areas have been put in since then and those areas were unrestricted bush land for the water to escape.Also motorways have been built all around the areas,so how they affect the flood flow will be intersting,maybe being built up in places they might channel or trap the water flow and have less effect on the higher parts that did get 74 water.

Then again these changes may have the opposite effect.

Ipswich flood today is expected to peak in the next hour

Archived