Floods and Fish

stingray

Hi all,

Just want to know everyones thoughts on what and how the fishing will be like after the floods are over?

Given the floods and what has happen to our lakes and rivers and then the run of from the floods into the Bay.

How long will it take for the fishing to become any good? will this rain and floods make for better fishing or will the fishing be very slow for some time to come?

Anyone

after this mammoth toilet flush, in a couple of years hopefully, how the lower section has come good over the last decade,areas further up should also come good.Once all the flooding waters clear and the fresh inundation of the bay and beyond dissapates the fish build up will return with extras.

Basicly..good for our rivers and creeks systems futures

heard on a tv flood report that when things settle a bit more,a navy minesweeper will be deployed to sweep for large problems.Assume this would be to sweep the shipping channels?

Tugger may have knowledge whether this report is correct.

Yes there will be a lot of new structure to be found and explored,the lenght of the rivers,creeks and bay.

It will be interesting to see the changes of the river bottom on sounder screens at previous spot X`s that don`t exist :)

i think we could be looking at 2+ years before the bay fires again.

alot of silt and mud has gone into the bay and will keep on doing so for the next few months, however, i have heard that the bay will benefit from the nutrients.

I believe its just mother nature doing her thing. If we try to the rivers with dams, it will find another way to flush the river.

at least all the crap has been flushed out of the upper river

cant be too many catfish left up there!!

there thing i want to know is, where have all the fish gone??

I think we're in for a mad prawning season, I heard from people that prawns got into places that flooded and went for the fridges that contains food and stuff.

How do you reckon they picked out the food fridge, between the closed food fridge and the closed beer fridge

IMO, it will take a lot less than 2 years before the bay fires again.

Mother nature has had plenty of time to adapt to this kind of scenario as it is part of Australia's weather pattern.

Tilapia will use this and future floods to spread into new areas. Eventually, they will get into rivers that don't currently have them.

Luc

Looks like a Silver, Henry. (Tail looks forked to me - yellas have a fantail).

Doubt it would've survived the salt that far down the river ?? Probably came from a BotGardens pond or a restaurant.

You might be surprised. I've heard of Yellowbelly being caught off the Woody Point Jetty during previous floods that have been pretty minor compared to this recent one.

Archived